Author Topic: History of the East Island  (Read 7897 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: History of the East Island
« Reply #15: August 31, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
Indeed.

For those unclear on the fine distinction:

Heathen: One who follows another faith, that yours considers to be invalid, or possibly even evil.

Heretic: One who follows your faith, but has terrible blasphemous ideas about how it works.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #16: August 31, 2012, 09:16:42 PM »
And then you have Apostate:  One who commits a total desertion of or departure from one's religion.

So one can be a Heathen and an Apostate!

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 09, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »
Watching Old Rancagua disappear then the founding of Nivemus... Exciting!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 10, 2012, 05:10:28 PM »
I was wondering if the Sirion - Fontan, SoA, Westmoor, Perdan, OI war was the bigger and largest war in the continent. Surely was not the most significative but in numbers was the biggest? Was the Ibladesh - Itorunt war larger?

Cheers.
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 10, 2012, 05:55:27 PM »
Oh, you youngster. You missed the largest, and probably longest, war in EC history.

The federation of Fontan, Sirion and Old Rancagua, allied to the federation of Yssaria, Ibladesh, and Itorunt, all vs. the alliance of Perdan, Caligus, Ubent, and Oligarch. And somewhere in there was the birth/death of Avamar, Rancagua, and probably Omsk. That all ended somwhere in late 2006, having run for 4 or 5 years.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 10, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »
Oh, you youngster. You missed the largest, and probably longest, war in EC history.

The federation of Fontan, Sirion and Old Rancagua, allied to the federation of Yssaria, Ibladesh, and Itorunt, all vs. the alliance of Perdan, Caligus, Ubent, and Oligarch. And somewhere in there was the birth/death of Avamar, Rancagua, and probably Omsk. That all ended somwhere in late 2006, having run for 4 or 5 years.

I'm pretty sure Yssaria didn't exist when I was on the EC briefly in 2004, so if that ran for 4 or 5 years, it must have also included the birth of Yssaria.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 10, 2012, 06:38:53 PM »
Did anyone noticed how Caligus nearly took Perdan's place on map?

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 10, 2012, 06:46:30 PM »
Bring back Isadril?  (probably miss spelling name)
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 10, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »
Yssaria was already mature and fully-formed when I started at the beginning of 2006. Probably got started somewhere between there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 21, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »

Oh, you youngster!

Omsk didn't have a birth as it was there from the beginning (I have said this on the wiki and am open for discussion about it if anyone thinks I've made an error)... My third character on the Island was the first one in Omsk and, therefore, its first ruler. No one else really liked the idea of starting in a realm that had just three rubbish regions (in a time when takeovers and such were not possible - you had what you had and nothing would change that...)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...