Author Topic: War Stories  (Read 24636 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: War Stories
« Reply #60: April 13, 2011, 05:26:14 AM »
They aren't losing, they are simply down sizing the realm in these tough economic times.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 13, 2011, 07:11:52 AM »
Bisquez Castle Guards   Inf   65   90/80

Read it and weep. The training might not be as high, but training can be increased, while weapon and armor levels cannot. That's why I like Darka.

I see your Bisquez Castle Guards, and raise you Remton Steele Infantry, 65 90/90.  Followed closely by Hawk Blades Infantry, 70 90/70, and Fiendish Pumas Infantry, 85 75/90.  The Remton Steele and Hawk Blades are both at 200 capacity, think the Fiendish Pumas are 100 but I'm not sure, might only be 50.

One of the many reasons I love Arcaea.  Our lesser infantry is 60 90/50 (grins).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: April 13, 2011, 11:26:58 PM »
50 cavalries evened the odd? Do cavalry units make that much difference? I mean against masses of infantry units? Don't cavalries turn into infantries after the initial charge?

In the old battle system they were *devastating*. I played in Sirion for a few months back then, when Sirion had not a single ally and even Perdan and OI were joining the fun. I remember there was one Fontanese Duke who single-handedly won them several huge battles. He had 90ish cavalry. They'd come in huge for something like 4,000 hits on the charge, but the real kicker was that they were able to dish out 2,000 hits per round even after the initial charge. I have no idea what his units stats were, but I've been trying for years to build up a unit like that.

The worst part was reading the battle report and seeing that damn unit dish out 2,000 hits a round and then, thanks to the randomness of the old system, only take 200 hits in turn which would cause like 4 casualties if we were lucky. I will always remember that unit...

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
« Reply #63: April 14, 2011, 02:32:12 PM »
In the old battle system they were *devastating*. I played in Sirion for a few months back then, when Sirion had not a single ally and even Perdan and OI were joining the fun. I remember there was one Fontanese Duke who single-handedly won them several huge battles. He had 90ish cavalry. They'd come in huge for something like 4,000 hits on the charge, but the real kicker was that they were able to dish out 2,000 hits per round even after the initial charge. I have no idea what his units stats were, but I've been trying for years to build up a unit like that.

The worst part was reading the battle report and seeing that damn unit dish out 2,000 hits a round and then, thanks to the randomness of the old system, only take 200 hits in turn which would cause like 4 casualties if we were lucky. I will always remember that unit...

You meant Elberan Carnes Duke of Ashfort or Murat Kalalalaranderen (or something like that) and the cavalry centre which you refer is the Ashfort Shadow Riders 70 90/80 or so, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sirion has a deadly SF, someone should check it out, right now I have no more time to talk.
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: April 14, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »
You meant Elberan Carnes Duke of Ashfort or Murat Kalalalaranderen (or something like that) and the cavalry centre which you refer is the Ashfort Shadow Riders 70 90/80 or so, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, I believe that's correct. In the new system units like this are somewhat less effective. 4,000 hits are a waste if you crash into a crappy unit that would have been wiped out by half as much. In the old system the extra hits would get spread around to the entire enemy army (or parts of it - I really have no clue how hits were distributed in the old system).

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: April 14, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
Yes, I believe that's correct. In the new system units like this are somewhat less effective. 4,000 hits are a waste if you crash into a crappy unit that would have been wiped out by half as much. In the old system the extra hits would get spread around to the entire enemy army (or parts of it - I really have no clue how hits were distributed in the old system).

Even in the old system sometimes huge amounts of hits would be wasted and I must say that few big sirion/fontan battle were heavily influenced by the luck of the hit waste distribution. Especially whenever cavalry was charging for lots of damage.

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
« Reply #66: April 14, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
Even in the old system sometimes huge amounts of hits would be wasted and I must say that few big sirion/fontan battle were heavily influenced by the luck of the hit waste distribution. Especially whenever cavalry was charging for lots of damage.

Tell me about it, one of my chars in Sirion got Wiped Out by a 4000 hit from a cavalry charge and my unit had only 20 men... that is complete waste of hits.
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: August 30, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »

That Duke was Elberan Carnes from Ashforth, but let me tell you that Ecthelion's 70 Slim Riders hitted more than that. The Slim Riders used to have 80 - 90/80
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu