Author Topic: Predictions of the EC Wars  (Read 65825 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Predictions of the EC Wars
« Topic Start: March 24, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »
Well SoA is starting to lose more and more regions, Fontan's capital just got run over by Sirion, Westmoor has had little interaction, Ibladesh fends off Perdan and Caligus while DoA tries to stay alive. Obsidian Islands does their own little thing. Now straight up, without any passion for the realm you're rooting for, what do you think will be the outcome of these wars?

Mine:
Fontan dies.
SoA dies.
Westmoor finds peace.
Sirion wins and creates a colony or two.
Obsidian Islands does their thing.

Caligus will lose Isadril and Hamadan,
Perdan will either consume the Castle Ubent duchy or the Aix duchy or both (meaning DoA will die),
Ibladesh will stay alive and create a new colony in Isadril/Hamadan?

The last three are up in the air. I doubt any of the three major realms will completely be destroyed but their shape will change for sure. Probably a short cease-fire or something until one side breaks it and then we'll go to war again. Who knows, it's all up for discussion  ;)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions of the EC Wars
« Reply #1: March 24, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
Fontan dies.

We proposed them a peaceful solution but apparently they didn't like it..

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 24, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
I saw it. I think it was too much to ask for as the realm who is losing in that war.  :-\
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 24, 2011, 06:01:14 PM »
The only certainty is that Westmoor will be handed the "Most Epic Fail" award of 2011. After having cashed the 2010 one, handed out in retrospect.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: March 24, 2011, 07:30:18 PM »
Hmm we thought it was fair since Fontan was going to lose whatever we asked anyways.

They countered it with a ridiculous offer. If you only read their treaty, you might believe they are actually the ones who are winning :P

Sirion won't create any colony. Probably recreate OR but Sirion is content with their ancestral woodland. :(

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 24, 2011, 08:22:51 PM »
Predictions for long term outcome:

Fontan dies first, followed by SoA.
DoA struggles on for a while, until eventually dying as well.
Westmoor continues to sit idle in the middle of the continent doing nothing worthy of noting until Sirion stomps them.
Sirion grows a bit.
OI a few more pieces of land on the mainland.
Perdan takes Aix, re-establishes it's niche on the map.
Caligus and Ibladesh continue fighting in their silly war until DoA is dead, and Perdan joins in for the fun of taking Ibby City.
Eventually, all the realms on the continent come down on top of the Church of Ibladesh's head for having too many expansionistic ideas, and Ibladesh shrinks considerably. Probably down to Semall and Itorunt duchies.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 24, 2011, 10:05:27 PM »

Caligus and Ibladesh continue fighting in their silly war until DoA is dead, and Perdan joins in for the fun of taking Ibby City.

I want to see those battles  :D DoA would join Ibladesh, boosting their strength up to 90-100 nobles. Considering Ibladesh has over 3,000 gold every production a lot of militia could be stationed there if it came down to it. I'm looking forward to the epic battles. Like all of Caligus and Perdan vs Ibladesh and DoA (if they are still around).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 25, 2011, 01:49:10 AM »
I'd love to loot Ibladesh city. Again. Oh, those were fun times, camping Ibby city for four days, stealing all their tax gold from that rich city. That was some fun looting.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 25, 2011, 01:54:09 AM »
I'd love to loot Ibladesh city. Again. Oh, those were fun times, camping Ibby city for four days, stealing all their tax gold from that rich city. That was some fun looting.

I wasn't around for that. Didn't you get wounded in the last battle where DoA/Ibladesh finally pulled out a win?  :P I wouldn't mind seeing the innards of Perdan, too  ::)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 25, 2011, 01:49:03 PM »
Yes, my Perdan character took a light wound in the battle. For the first time ever for me since the new wounding system started, it did not get worse the same turn, it actually got better. I didn't miss the turn, but get less hours for a few turn.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 25, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »
I want to see those battles  :D DoA would join Ibladesh, boosting their strength up to 90-100 nobles. Considering Ibladesh has over 3,000 gold every production a lot of militia could be stationed there if it came down to it. I'm looking forward to the epic battles. Like all of Caligus and Perdan vs Ibladesh and DoA (if they are still around).

This.  I have never understood the line of thinking that says that the fates of DoA and Ibladesh are somehow linked.  Certainly DoA needs Ibby to survive, but eliminating DoA would just create a realm with twice the peasant population of Sirion and just as many nobles, and in possession of a very motivated religious wing.  Is everyone certain that's such a good idea?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 25, 2011, 05:58:27 PM »
I'd love to loot Ibladesh city.

I remember looting Barad Falas was causing my men more casualties then the City since thousands and thousands of peasants resisted. Would you be able to even properly loot Ibladesh without killing off the attacking army?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 25, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »
Massacring the peasants is half the fun of looting a city.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 25, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »
This.  I have never understood the line of thinking that says that the fates of DoA and Ibladesh are somehow linked.  Certainly DoA needs Ibby to survive, but eliminating DoA would just create a realm with twice the peasant population of Sirion and just as many nobles, and in possession of a very motivated religious wing.  Is everyone certain that's such a good idea?

As opposed to allow two CoI realms to exist, with two capitals from which to recruit, capable of absorbing even more land, and both of them wanting to kill you? No thanks. Besides, I want my city back. :)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 25, 2011, 07:51:31 PM »
The only certainty is that Westmoor will be handed the "Most Epic Fail" award of 2011. After having cashed the 2010 one, handed out in retrospect.

QFT.

I personally blame their weather  ???