Author Topic: A Matter Of Honour // This-Is-How-You-Declare-War.  (Read 73173 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
So he didn't say they are wearing mud and leaves for clothes but thats what he feels like they are wearing, which is even more insulting.

This is somewhat off the point that I was making: what he feels is his own business. But saying "this is how the city is, this is what the people are, this is how bad it is", when it is clearly contrasting with what it would in high probability be is just being plain spiteful. It's like describing some elses' character as being hideously disgusting, with many warts and a squint eye, along with lice-ridden hair and rags for clothing, even though they are a noble, and have never given any indication of the prior-mentioned afflictions. I suppose the polite euphemism to describe it would be "taking liberties".

It's one thing to write as though the character thinks of Barca as a backward place. It's quite another to describe it as if it actually is that way. There's a clear distinction, and it's not hard to avoid doing.

Indeed, exactly my point.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:30:32 PM by Bael »