Author Topic: A Matter Of Honour // This-Is-How-You-Declare-War.  (Read 73197 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Technically peasants are always uncultured, but I assumed he meant uncultured compared to other peasants.

Earth and wood was a by gone age... This is a game mirroring the time of the Middle Ages. Earth and wood as a fortress would not have lasted long. No doubt they have wooden buildings, but I doubt a fortress, as described by the game, would be wood and earth. Also, they can always import stone.

Earthen embankments were still in use, as cravats I think, where you pile up earth on both sides of the wall, which strengthen the walls, which was well used for stone walls. Besides which, using earth embankments were still common simply because it makes it harder to siege a fortification if you have to scale an embankment, or to traverse a series of Dikes supported by Embankments. You seem to think that simply saying that Barca uses earth, or wood, as apart of their fortifications is insulting, which it isn't.