Author Topic: Power Ranking for EC  (Read 23347 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ranking for EC
« Reply #30: September 01, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »
They have part of the mainland, the Kazakh Peninsula, yet even that is wasteland.  They have three options if they wanted to expand (though I think distance from capital also prevents it from being feasible):  Into Nivemus, into Westmoor, or into Perdan.

OI has the misfortune of all of their territories being Wastelands.

Yeah, it would be extremely tough for them to hold onto Nivemus lands. The Omsk Bay kind of makes that a very difficult task.

Personally, I think OI should give Perdan Bastad Island and put militia down in Chaos Stronghold. Consolidate their territory. Then think about moving more onto the mainland.

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: September 01, 2012, 12:30:15 AM »
Yeah, it would be extremely tough for them to hold onto Nivemus lands. The Omsk Bay kind of makes that a very difficult task.

Personally, I think OI should give Perdan Bastad Island and put militia down in Chaos Stronghold. Consolidate their territory. Then think about moving more onto the mainland.

Before we took a hold on the mainland we discussed this, both in realm and with Perdan, it is something that both Perdan was not interested in and something we couldn't readily give up as it doesn't change how far new regions are from Kalmar.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 01, 2012, 12:39:21 AM »
Before we took a hold on the mainland we discussed this, both in realm and with Perdan, it is something that both Perdan was not interested in and something we couldn't readily give up as it doesn't change how far new regions are from Kalmar.

Change your capital. Repair regions. Then proceed as planned.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: September 01, 2012, 02:16:47 AM »
Change your capital. Repair regions. Then proceed as planned.

Provided your plans include lightning bolts.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: September 01, 2012, 05:58:12 AM »

Forgot about that. Dang. :/

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: September 01, 2012, 09:09:05 AM »

Change your capital first to allow for more possibilities. Plan later.

Capital moves are allowed.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: September 01, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »
It's weird that the Chaos islands are wastelands, though. Volcanic soil is supposed to be very fertile...except when the volcano erupts.

egamma

« Reply #37: September 01, 2012, 06:20:04 PM »
Volcanic soil is supposed to be very fertile...except when the volcano erupts.

I think it can also be very acidic. This isn't a problem for Hawaii, where it rains every day, but take a look at Iceland.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: September 01, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »
I think it can also be very acidic. This isn't a problem for Hawaii, where it rains every day, but take a look at Iceland.

Who is also in a harsh climate.

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: September 01, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »

Old volcanoes are mostly acidic. I doubt OI get enough rain. There is no sign of the islands being close to the equator as there aren't any deserts or jungles on the same longitude.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: September 02, 2012, 04:40:30 AM »
Old volcanoes are mostly acidic. I doubt OI get enough rain. There is no sign of the islands being close to the equator as there aren't any deserts or jungles on the same longitude.

Badlands of the North? Omsk Peninsula?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: September 02, 2012, 06:01:52 AM »
Remember Omsk!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: September 02, 2012, 07:00:57 AM »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: September 03, 2012, 07:14:56 AM »
Some acidic volcanoes are good for farming and plantation. Think Indonesia country, part of South East Asia. After Colonies get its map revamped, maybe we can have one for East Island. Keeping my fingers crossed ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: September 03, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »
Some acidic volcanoes are good for farming and plantation. Think Indonesia country, part of South East Asia. After Colonies get its map revamped, maybe we can have one for East Island. Keeping my fingers crossed ::)

Without getting into the RL-debate, it would be good for the game if some realms would not be doomed to fail. Make them have at least one or two good regions, so they can start realistically thinking about waging a war against one of their neighbors.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).