Author Topic: Swastika Use  (Read 24574 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Swastika Use
« Reply #45: June 30, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »
Rolls both ways. Are you guys trying to make a crucificion of me? I mentioned Swastikas a few times get over it. Really its boring. Super boring.

I apologized, what else do you want me to do? I have been playing here for years. Do we need to keep attacking me because of a mention of swastikas. You act like im a neo-Nazi. Like really grow up, get over it. I am sorry.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:22:58 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #46: June 30, 2012, 09:14:39 AM »
Tom, as a question on legality, is the fylfot legal in Germany?

Here's a (german) webpage detailing the legal situation:
http://www.ida-nrw.de/rechtsextremismus/hintergrundwissen/symbolik/verbotene-kennzeichen-/

it's not trivial. Some symbols are illegal, some are illegal in specific contexts. Basically, I don't want to bother and don't want to be in a situation where I have to retain a lawyer to advise me.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 30, 2012, 09:26:44 AM »
This is supposed to be a friendly game. (Ha.) There is a time and a place to get angry. I do not believe BattleMaster is one of them.

Having said that, really?! You guys are offended that someone used the word "swastika" in a RP? Really?! Am I missing something here? Help me understand.
------
qui audet vincit

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 30, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »
This is supposed to be a friendly game. (Ha.) There is a time and a place to get angry. I do not believe BattleMaster is one of them.

Having said that, really?! You guys are offended that someone used the word "swastika" in a RP? Really?! Am I missing something here? Help me understand.

Its because I pissed people off in game.. Its so boring.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #49: June 30, 2012, 09:42:06 AM »
Here's a (german) webpage detailing the legal situation:
http://www.ida-nrw.de/rechtsextremismus/hintergrundwissen/symbolik/verbotene-kennzeichen-/

it's not trivial. Some symbols are illegal, some are illegal in specific contexts. Basically, I don't want to bother and don't want to be in a situation where I have to retain a lawyer to advise me.
Legally, are you only in trouble for the symbol itself appearing or...  As in this case...  Someone saying the word?

And yes, GoldPanda.  People are upset over someone using the word swastika in a RP.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 30, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »
Hilarious.. There isnt any law regarding saying Swastika. Germany is a free country not a dictatorship.

Tom , please stop me. Please. I'm out of control now.

Egamma edit: Removed ad hominem attacks and made second sentence more hilarious (and accurate)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:44:14 PM by egamma »

Fury

« Reply #51: June 30, 2012, 10:50:17 AM »
Thread locked for now until a verdict is reached. Should there be anything new and not inflammatory to add, PM any Magistrate to reopen.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #52: June 30, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »
Legally, are you only in trouble for the symbol itself appearing or...  As in this case...  Someone saying the word?

I don't feel like paying a lawyer to find out.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #53: June 30, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »
Hilarious.. There isnt any law regarding saying Swastika. Germany is a free country not a dictatorship.

ยง 86a StGB - StGB is the "Strafgesetzbuch", the criminal code of Germany.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: July 04, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »
A Guilty Verdict with a 3-day account lock has been reached. We find the player of Glaumring in violation of the Social Contract, specifically, breach of common etiquette and rules of behavior. We agree that the player in question had chosen to repeatedly cause distress to other players even after it was pointed out that some of his actions were offensive to other players and after being asked to stop, he not only continued, but intensified said activities. That is not how one would play a game with friends.

We have taken his contrite apology into consideration and hope that in future, players will remember that people from all over the world are participating in this game and its community and adherence to the Social Contract will make a pleasant game for everyone.

Please take questions to Q/A. Topic locked.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell