Author Topic: History from the time of the Daimon Arcane  (Read 5438 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: History from the time of the Daimon Arcane
« Topic Start: March 24, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »
Part VI

Balgathled stoked the fire in the main hall of the province of Ofengail. People of all sorts sat around in groups mumbling to themselves. Balgathled sat by the fire and then began to speak , to any passerby he would seem to be speaking almost to himself. But he was infact speaking to the entire room and when all who heard eventually like a subliminal sound found in their ears his low and rumbling droning voice they turned and listened...
"In the beginning ... I had come from originally far Irombozia in years long passed and was apart of the first combined crusade that was led by the king there against the Daimon hordes in the northlands... We marched through many lands , through starvation and mutiny , runaway soldiers and all matter of travails until we reached the high peaks of the middle of this world... There it was where I first saw the Daimon armies gathered far down on fertile plains , marching ever wich way and razing the towns in the valleys below... My first encounter with the lord Daimon Arcane..."
Balgathled leaned into the firepit with a clay pipe and lit it off a piece of charcoal and then sat back into his wooden chair.
" The King of Irombozia decided that instead of engaging the Daimon horde there and possibly ending the attacks , decided to withdrawal back across the far march and return home... I was young then and full of adventure and decided that I would not return with them... I would march down the mountains into the lands of Vlaandaran and help them against this horde... Little did I know that the very kingdom I had entered was already being manipulated by the Daimons...
In those days I was known as Gathled Runningbear. And I will explain why my name and features have changed in time.
I first met Arcane there in Vlaandaran and he stood as men did, his countenance was that of a learned man and he did not speak ill of humans nor did he seem to be evil, at first we did not trust him , but his way of being , when in his presence one felt comfort, like a warm fog that would cover ones mind and eased ones soul.
Arcane in time then led a rebellion against the kingdoms of man and said to us " Join now , and Daimons and man will stand together...Forever Man will rest within the eternal embrace of the universe and the spiralling arms of the gods"
And we did rise up from our wooden thrones and fought back the loyalists to the human king and there in that time we did create a kingdom on earth , ruled by a Daimon...
And it was good...Or so we thought.
We then began the fight against the entire world , but with each attack we would beseech of the enemy nations to join us , that we could be at peace with the Daimons and that they were not evil and that man could cast aside their xenophobic irrational hatred of that inwich they did not know and rise upon this new moon and become gods of all that was... Yet none did listen.
In this time I became the Viscount of Tindle and there we did build much and raise statues to Arcane.
Time passed and then I found myself alone , Arcane did fall into a rift in the mountains , with a great puff of smoke , I also was pulled deep into this nether realm below the earth... And there Arcane said to me " Gathled , I am not to return for long time, this must you know that these lands and its twisted forms of branches and tightly wound roots of mankind are ready not for enlightenment... Now I recede, but before I must go , I shall award you with a new name and I shall take you down with me into far lands and so that you can see the kingdom of the Daimons , and there it will change you and there you will see the masses millions upon countless infinite races of a myriad galaxies and far universes gathered on the plains in unity and brotherhood with Daimons , and there you will see with this land there stands none of the race known as 'Man' "... And there I stood and I wept for man was alone , that amidst the earth and worlds of unknown , only man had not joined with Arcane...
I was then put into a great sleep for long I am not sure , but upon awakening found that the kingdom of Vlaandaran had forgotten Arcane and its nobles would refuse to say his name...
That is when I decided to join the priesthood , that I would continue the words of Arcane and prepare for his return , but none would have of this , and so I was banished ..."
Balgathled drew on his pipe and sat with a darkness around him, his long black and scraggly beard and unkempt hair knotted around his face... He withdrew into his own head for a moment and for a long time he stared at nothing , not moving , the room silent around him , shadows from the fire animated the cracks in his face and if one did look at his face it would seem to be changing like dancing fire , so many flickering emotions and facial expressions , different faces ... And then he spoke.
"You don't trust me ... I am a loyal fighter , I gave my all to Arcane , and now I have nothing ... I am a stubborn man , I am willing to fight for Mesh if you let me , allow me to be your suicide trooper, allow me to fight deep into the lands of Vlaandaran and use the faith of Arcane against them , allow me to show my loyalty to you by raising the people the followers of Arcane against the Vlaandaran, to create havoc... I will become the false prophet and when Vlaandaran has fallen I will renounce my priesthood and faith in Arcane and walk once again under the stars a free man..."
And with that he rose from the wooden chair and stood his palms outstretched to the gathered crowd and said.
" I am your prisoner, command me to do what I must ... I will not question for I have sinned greatly against this vast land and its brave fighters, I await my fate..."
We live lives in beautiful lies...