Author Topic: History of the founding of Thulsoma.  (Read 3516 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
History of the founding of Thulsoma.
« Topic Start: March 24, 2011, 01:59:57 PM »
This is pre-Saxon invasion history, during the fall of Virovene and the rise of the original Thulsomans

The Maddening star had pointed the way. And with it now in full ascendancy in the night sky somewhere far away. Glaumring stood before the thick thorn and foilage of an abandoned tower on the very edge of the northern world.

It was long ago known as the Storms keep and for ages long forgotten it had been abandoned. Glaumring unfurled his flag of his family house of Bloodmoon and stuck it deep into the ground, the flag did not unfurl but hung limply in the dead air...

Fellow brethern of Sanguis Astroism, I have come from far  down south beyond the reach of the blood stars church in a land that when I was a child was bound by superstition and local folklore, Port Raviel. We knew of the blood stars as anyone would see them if they were inclined to study them. But survival was precedent , far above study, as  a child I grew up within the walls of the city and we were under constant attack from monster and beast, life was short it was hard and filled with terrible fates for men... Soon as of the recent years others, ,more organized men of renown came to Port Raviel and liberated the cities from the monster scourge.

They spoke to us of the outside world, we were curious, but life in Port Raviel was good... That was until it was all taken away.

I will not go into that story to deeply, I was without home and wandered the land as far west as the Volcano and there had seen things of great horror and north to a land called 'Terran' where the nobles fought against hordes of monsters in their wooden fortresses. And then as time progressed I had heard of far Virovene and Springdale... Of course we had all been told of these places... But something called me.

I arrived in Virovene at the end of the war, But at all sides my new nation was beset many perils, the dead did pile in the streets and starvation wrecked the land. Nations amongst us hostile, and there in Virovene passing soldiers of Morek and the Ravians, called us the children of the Maddening star...

It was written in their books, "Here in year one of the children of the maddening star"

And there it was that it struck me, for our people to survive would not require Austere actions, it would not require Auspicious, for these were cultivated by men that could afford the standing... We would survive by becoming unpredictable... Madness for some is insanity... Insanity for some is chaos... Chaos is unpredictable...

To be unpredictable is to float  and pass through the paths well taken, to think like no other man... To do things that all other men would consider ' Madness'

Does this sound like the words of a heretic?

To follow the stars with such awareness and using each one as they shift through their phases... Aye, if I am a heretic than you are all madmen...

We live lives in beautiful lies...