Author Topic: History of the founding of Thulsoma.  (Read 3551 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: History of the founding of Thulsoma.
« Topic Start: March 24, 2011, 02:01:34 PM »
Glaumring called Randemicos and Sygrum down from their tower perch.

He stood in the center of the court yard of the Storm's keep fortress.

"See here? where we stand... Mark this spot, call the stone carver to come and carve our feet prints into the stone for eternity it will rest here... But first I ask, will ye serve me as my brothers here in the Storm's keep, to promise to defend here until the very waves take our bodies back to Elysium... Will you two brave souls take me as your King?  To fight with me against whatever assails these walls? To ride out into the world beyond and take new lands? To build a kingdom that stands for all time..."

Glaumring put his hand into the middle of the men and out stretched it upon his hand was the star disc from Port Raviel,He held it and motioned for each man to place their hand upon the disc.

"Once that is done I will need your help with something else, this is if you accept." Glaumring smiled,

Glaumring sat alone in his chamber and from where he sat facing away from the land he watched the roiling of the waves on the sea far below his stone keep home. The ocean was an allegory of the times, the very name of his home  a reflection of what he had been going through these few weeks.

Much had been accomplished, he had what appeared to be good nobles that worked with him. He appreciated their bravery and their cunning. But, he felt the isolation, the Storms keep must have been cursed, for millenia it must have sat here forgotten its place in history shrouded in mystery.

Glaumring rose and paced the room and then found what he was looking for, there on his simple wooden table was a leather pouch and when he reached inside was filled with small plum sized lumps of brown dried nuts, the bloodmoon nuts from the islands of the far south from the trees his father cultivated and taught him about were there and waiting for him. He placed one in his hand and then looking at it placed it in his mouth and began to chew...

There was a mirror in front of him and it floated reflecting the room in its surface but he was not there, there was now sunlight bathing the room in soft light where once wind and rain did batter its way around the tower, silent shifting tree's and the calling of birds. The mirror now had Glaumring in it and with each breath he would fade from its visage and then with each inhale appear, at first looking ragged, tired and worn and then with each pulse of his heart slowly returning to his youth...

"Glaumring?" there was a voice and softly floated like a feather out of the mirror.

"Glaumring do you hear me?" it once again whispered out of the mirror and Glaumring blinked , snow was gathered on his eye lashes and fell now throughout the room.

"Glaumring you have entered the cage, you have imprisoned yourself" the voice faded and Glaumring was alone.

Gathering the nuts into the pouch he went down to the courtyard to wait for General Randemicos to return from the outside world.

We live lives in beautiful lies...