Author Topic: Path to Eternity  (Read 8518 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Path to Eternity
« Topic Start: July 02, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »
After days of my passionate hard work, Dwilight's newest religion is here. The Earl created its first temple in Fissoa Fields. Still only two noble members and 9 peasant followers.

It is a simple polytheistic religion with a pan(en)theistic base, complete with deities. The main belief is the worship of Mother Nature, through the care of her various aspects.

Note- Funny thing is that the religion is online but only the motto, order ranks and external board are complete so far.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Path to Eternity
« Reply #1: July 02, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »
Have a wiki page up, yet?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 02, 2012, 08:25:41 AM »
Have a wiki page up, yet?

Nope, didn't get enough time. Would create one in a few days.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: July 02, 2012, 08:27:33 AM »
lol Fissona... probably one of the most boring realms on dwilight.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 02, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
Does a faith loses followers even with temple+preaching in a region?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 02, 2012, 08:27:22 PM »
Lots of things factorin. Other religions, preaching frequency and skill, number and size of temples, region stats (?), some other modifyers that are unknown to the player base maybe... but in general, you should always maintain your following, especially when other major religions are nearby.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 03, 2012, 05:44:05 AM »
It is also very hard to convert populations that are largely members of another faith. The same problem you are finding in converting the Pyrist Fissoans I had with converting the Lurian Walkers (of the Manifest Path). It took me IG years before I could have a decent stable minority in a region, instead of losing all the preaching in a couple of turns.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 03, 2012, 09:10:38 AM »
Yeah too bad, before turn change 20 followers, after turn change 0. :-(

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8: July 03, 2012, 10:46:46 AM »
Well, for a religion to become successful, I would concentrate more on getting a larger noble following at the moment. In the end, they are the bases of your religion, not the peasants.

Either way, good luck and I am interesting to hear more.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 03, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »
Cities are really hard to convert, so I would try a bunch of non-city regions first and then once it borders a few of your other regions, pounce on the surrounding townsland and then pounce on the city. Obito did that(and still does that) in the EC with the Order of the White Tree, and he has religious influence in at least a dozen regions now.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 10, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »
All the boards are complete. Added the hierarchy:

The One -> Elder Gods -> Divine Mother -> the remaining deities.

Also added detailed description of every god and four new deities, one each for wind and water domain, the God of Death and a fire god (?) who loves rampaging a lot.

EDIT: Currently working on the underworld hierarchy, enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:23:02 AM by Cren »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 10, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
Wiki page, yet?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 10, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »
Wiki page, yet?

Just starting it. :-)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 10, 2012, 12:07:11 PM »
Anybody willing to provide artworks would be most welcome.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 10, 2012, 01:19:08 PM »
The Wiki Page has started, finally. Looks funny, just the headers and no text. Would complete it shortly.

EDIT: Anybody knows of a semantic template or infobox for religions/guilds?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:42:35 PM by Cren »