Author Topic: Trade Cap  (Read 2370 times)

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Trade Cap
« Topic Start: July 03, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »
Thank you both for clarifying this issue of the cap, why it is there, and why it should remain there.

Please move on to other aspects of the trade system.  Further discussion on the same topic will be moved to a different thread.

Foundation  the cap ruins trading there will always be dumb people that put food at super low prices which is great for people that they know what their doing but 50 really? Even Indirik agrees that the cap needs to be changed. Thats the one thing that frustrates me about this game the unwillingness of people to change simple things that would make the game be more realistic.

TOM wants people to trade more but I am telling you as a player that I don't like trading because for the work you have to put in the reward does not make it worth it and if you look at other people comments they agree with me.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:13:43 PM by Indirik »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Cap
« Reply #1: July 03, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »
Even Indirik agrees that the cap needs to be changed.
Please don't misrepresent what I said.

TOM wants people to trade more but I am telling you as a player that I don't like trading because for the work you have to put in the reward does not make it worth it and if you look at other people comments they agree with me.
If the trading facet of the game is too much work for you, then don't do it. Appoint yourself a steward, and let them deal with it. Give someone the minimum estate size, change the lord's share to 50%, and let him get his income based on the food sales he makes. Then you can just sit back and collect all the region's gold for yourself.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2: July 03, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »
Please don't misrepresent what I said.
If the trading facet of the game is too much work for you, then don't do it. Appoint yourself a steward, and let them deal with it. Give someone the minimum estate size, change the lord's share to 50%, and let him get his income based on the food sales he makes. Then you can just sit back and collect all the region's gold for yourself.

If you weren't listening, he already has plenty of gold. I've looked, he has over 1k in bonds, easily as a rural region lord. During wartime...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 03, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »
And how did you just happen to look and see how many bonds he has?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #4: July 03, 2012, 11:24:42 PM »
He's my cousin, and we both live near each other. I'm over at his house occasionally.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 03, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
If Tom decides the trade cap needs adjusted, I'm fairly certain that there are two things that need to happen first (at least, there may be more):

1) remove instant trading and implement delays.
2) rebalance food/gold production.