Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 59148 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Angnomal Settlement Chronicle, First Entry
« Reply #45: March 31, 2011, 12:18:12 AM »
Being an account of the founding of the fortress of Angnomal, rendered into the common speech as "Redstaff", by the group Kon Nokzam, "The Master of Battles," of the Dwarven nation of Dalzatlokum, "The Matched Spears." The expedition's leader and first chronicler was a miner named Zulban 'Anaris' Ducimonol, whose last name can be translated as "Workedmountains."

1 Granite, 1051
The first day of a new year, and we have arrived at the site of our new home.  We don't have a lot of supplies left, but what we have should be enough to last us until we can get a local infrastructure set up.

As we approached the site from the west, along the path from the Mountainhome, I could see the ancient lava tube, all that remains of a much taller volcano, emerging from the eroded cliff face that thrust up from the snow-covered plain. The site chosen is just at the foot of that volcano, with a peak towering high above it to the north, and a spur of rock jutting out of the plain just south of it.

The name the colonization committee informed me they have chosen for this site is "Redstaff", which seems slightly plain to me, given the names they usually assign, but it is their right to assign the names.  We will simply have to ensure that the fortress we build here gains such renown that the name goes down in the Great Record as one of the mightiest of the Matched Spears.

I must make a final survey of the site now, to determine just what the initial layout will be.  I will endeavour to write more once the planning is done and the work has begun.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan