Poll

At what age do you typically retire/attempt to kill off characters?

18-35
2 (11.8%)
36-50
1 (5.9%)
51-65
2 (11.8%)
66-80+
2 (11.8%)
Never
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: At what age do you typically retire/kill off characters?  (Read 3200 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
I was idly curious how other people deal with their characters aging, especially when they get so few hours in their later years.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Despite playing for 6-1/2 years, I haven't had to do it yet. Two of my nobles got killed in battle as heroes, and both my advies got killed by undead champions. My next oldest noble is a hero as well, and I'll probably play him til he gets killed in battle, too.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I've never killed off a character for being too old. The closest I've come was with Delvin, who was in his late 70s in game terms, but with him it was more that the character was tired, and his story was more or less played out.

Alanna's over 80, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to retire her, as such. I keep hoping she'll die in battle someday...she's far too stubborn to just fade away.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Indeed.  Eventually I make my characters Heroes so they'll die in battle.  See Norel, Lelnor, and so on.

I guess you could answer when you decide to make it so they can die too.  Infiltraitor and Hero come to mind.  Incidentally, Gregor was a Hero once.  Probably the only character who was able to switch classes before I checked to see if you could exploit the code and manually call the function.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
By the time that my characters have been that old, They are normally so well established that I do not want to let them go.   lol 

Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I typically delete my account when my characters reach maturity.  Then I start at the bottom of the wheel again after a while. :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
... account?!

as for me.. eh, age has nothing to do with anything. yet to delete one for age reasons
firefox

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Well, before the family home(new pause system) when people got bored of a character they would simply make them Hero/Martyr and....try(because is not always simple) to kill them honorably.

Others used to do stupid things, like seceding, rebelling or just be mean tot he ruler.

Peace!

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
... account?!

as for me.. eh, age has nothing to do with anything. yet to delete one for age reasons

You read that right. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.