Poll

What sized realms your characters join?

Small
Large
Small, fighting for existence, on the losing side of a war.

Author Topic: What sized realms your characters join?  (Read 3779 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
What sized realms your characters join?
« Topic Start: July 04, 2012, 02:23:30 PM »
The title says for itself. Do you join large realms or small realms?

I prefer to join the smallest realms who are fighting for existence, on the losing side of a war. All my characters are in small realms.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: What sized realms your characters join?
« Reply #1: July 04, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »
All my chars are in huge OP realms that only win.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: July 04, 2012, 04:46:02 PM »
All my chars are in huge OP realms that only win.

Yep. That is why I just paused one of them to join a smaller realm in the south :) I will miss you Astrum  :'(

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 04, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
I don't worry about size when I pick a realm. I look for a realm that has a different aspect I haven't had before. It could be government style, location, theme, etc. I joined Fontan to try out democracy (gag!), Eponlyn for the south end of EC, Sint because it was the first one someone named when I asked on IRC, etc. Any realm can offer a good or bad experience, it all depends on the player.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #4: July 04, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »
What do you call small? Large? I think I play in two large realms (Darka and Arcaea) and two medium-sized realms (D'Hara and Oriolton).

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 04, 2012, 05:38:33 PM »
I like underdog realms. Always have. Republic of Fwuvoghor, Arcachon, Eponllyn, Ohnar West... Where is the challenge in big realms. I like places where my characters can made a difference.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: July 04, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
Hmm, so trying to get maximum gold for minimum work is against your policy?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: July 04, 2012, 06:04:25 PM »
I like underdog realms. Always have. Republic of Fwuvoghor, Arcachon, Eponllyn, Ohnar West... Where is the challenge in big realms. I like places where my characters can made a difference.

Being a ruler of a large realm full of powerful dukes is a very challenging job :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 04, 2012, 07:01:33 PM »
I feel I have a pretty good mixture. Some big realms, like Eston, Oligarch, latter-day Terran, some periods of Riombara, PoZ; but some small struggling realms, like Irombrozia, Massillion, Riombara at other times, Meridian Republic, early Terran, Melodia, latter-day Oligarch.

I personally prefer the small realm feel usually.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 04, 2012, 07:06:11 PM »
Expanding realms rock, shrinking realms suck.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 04, 2012, 08:50:21 PM »
I don't know if you feel the same or not, but small (~10 regions or less, for egamma) realms give a different feeling all together. You give your best for the realm and then you feel, "yess, I have my share of contribution". See Eponllyn, GDoF, Fronen are the underdogs, when you fight for these type of realms, you find a different aspect of Battlemaster.

Also I would like to point out that there is you don't find the importance of water (noble count) unless you are in a desert.

And also
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:56:50 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #11: July 05, 2012, 04:34:55 AM »
I enjoy both types of realms ... small and large alike for different reasons.

small realms foster extreme loyalty among characters for they are constantly fighting for their lives and giving their all to survive.

large realms are good for family wealth and the sense of superiority over smaller realms. Also the victories feel good, your own personal part is diminished.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused