Author Topic: Adventurer's map  (Read 2014 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Adventurer's map
« Topic Start: July 10, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
Just a random idea here. Adventurers should have vastly inferior maps to nobles. After all a noble might very well have his own cartographer always keeping his map up to date. And adventurer probably has a crude hand drawn map. The adventurer's map could be sepia toned, and changes to realm boundaries could be delayed a couple days (could lead for some interesting mishaps "oops I thought this was still my realm")

egamma

Re: Adventurer's map
« Reply #1: July 10, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »
They would simply rely on the wiki links to the maps.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 10, 2012, 11:34:28 PM »
It is an interesting idea, if someone is willing to make those maps.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: July 11, 2012, 12:06:03 AM »
Delayed changes are impossible with the current code, would required considerable changes.

Making a sepia (or otherwise different) map layer for adventurers would be an option, and with the OpenLayers infrastructure we have it would be fairly easy to do it.

Someone would have to create the maps, though.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 11, 2012, 02:44:31 AM »
Just a random idea here. Adventurers should have vastly inferior maps to nobles. After all a noble might very well have his own cartographer always keeping his map up to date. And adventurer probably has a crude hand drawn map. The adventurer's map could be sepia toned, and changes to realm boundaries could be delayed a couple days (could lead for some interesting mishaps "oops I thought this was still my realm")

I think a more rustic-ish aesthetic is a cool idea. Ingame drawbacks are a bit meh though because of what Egamma said.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre