Author Topic: A new subclass of voluntary weakness - marked for death  (Read 10039 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
It should be a no-return option, like hero subclass.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if it would have to be one way option, it would be hard to abuse if there is certain time limit, like week before you can switch it again.

Someone can live their life with high risks without worry about tomorrow... but some day, example having to face death face to face, they can change their mind.
~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Simple is best. Hidden check box, irreversible. No other bells or whistles. If we try to pile too much onto it, Tom will throw up his hands and toss the whole idea. It will be complicated enough to implement as it is I think seeing as it touches on quite a lot of different areas of code.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Simple is best. Hidden check box, irreversible. No other bells or whistles. If we try to pile too much onto it, Tom will throw up his hands and toss the whole idea. It will be complicated enough to implement as it is I think seeing as it touches on quite a lot of different areas of code.

+1

No benefits, no return. It's purely an RP thing. It means that you can legitimately claim that your name is such and such, you killed my father, prepare to die.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile

Heroes already get some minimal bonus to H/P because of accepting the risk of death.  I've always liked that, and thought that should just be an option regardless of class.  Want to risk death?  Get more H/P.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
They do? I never knew that...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
They do? I never knew that...

Hm.  I was sure they did until you said that.  Am I misremembering basic features of the classes now?  (mutters) I need to move so I can get back into the game...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Hm.  I was sure they did until you said that.  Am I misremembering basic features of the classes now?  (mutters) I need to move so I can get back into the game...

You might be mixing up Hero with Cavalier.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
You might be mixing up Hero with Cavalier.

No, I know Cavaliers had it, but I thought Heroes did as well.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Pretty sure the hero thing is just a rumour and never confirmed. People assumed that if the hero is fighting in the front lines that it is more prestigious and honourable.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Should this go in as a feature request?

egamma

Should this go in as a feature request?

I say yes.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile