Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Did something happen to Family support?

Started by pcw27, July 07, 2012, 03:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcw27

I checked all three of my noble characters and didn't find any family support option. Has that become something only possible at a bank or something?

egamma

You can get it anywhere...with some conditions.

First, your char needs to be broke. Less than 20 gold on-hand I think.
Second, your family needs to have over 2000 gold, and you need to have unlocked the family gold by going over 2500 gold.

Foundation

These are not necessarily the exact conditions, but they are a good guideline.  I can't remember the exact conditions myself.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Cren

Thats not completely true. My broke characters could ask for family support even when my family had some 1450 gold.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

fodder

i think you need to have passed a threshold.. and then after, you could ask for support even if it's below that. (up to a certain amount i guess)
firefox

Psyche

It used to be 1200, or maybe 1201.  Either way, based on 1200 or just over.  The poorer your family the higher the chance and cost to prestige.   New characters with very low prestige don't need to worry about, as their stats are to low.

Also, the larger the family wealth, the larger the support.  The amount decreases the more you use it with a character unless they are paying it back.

Cren

And I found out that my char could call for family support even when having 99 gold on hand.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.