Author Topic: Do militia repair their equipment over time?  (Read 3085 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Do militia repair their equipment over time?
« Topic Start: July 09, 2012, 03:15:39 PM »
Would love to get some feedback from those in the know before embarking on a long and possibly futile experiment :)

egamma

I don't think they really have damage. Instead, your militia gradually go away--I like to think that once a complete set if weapon/armor is destroyed, you lose one soldier, and your remaining militia use the equipment to replace their own.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Militia have all the same stats as regular units, and yes, they gradually repair their damage over time.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
dead curious why it matters.

can't imagine how. it'll cost more to drop them down as militia, then pick them back up via general at a much later date. and being militia will lower the number of men over time.
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
dead curious why it matters.

can't imagine how. it'll cost more to drop them down as militia, then pick them back up via general at a much later date. and being militia will lower the number of men over time.

Now, I really don't mean to sound rude, but you've truly baffled me.

Do you see the only value of militia as being their availability to reassign to a noble?

It matters because their equipment is damaged, which affects their efficacy in combat. Or do you think that somehow militia are treated specially in combat, with the stuff you can't see about them ignored and defaulted to its optimal value...?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
the equipment is damaged. so what? nothing you as a player can do about it.
what...  someone will pick them up, repair them, then plonk them down again, if they don't get repaired? all you need to know is that you have a wad of militia there @ X men, Y cs.

thus... why does it matter whether they get damaged or repaired? apart from a general sense of curiosity in how things work. there isn't even an exploit because it'll cost more to have the "auto repair" repair things.
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
the equipment is damaged. so what? nothing you as a player can do about it.
what...  someone will pick them up, repair them, then plonk them down again, if they don't get repaired? all you need to know is that you have a wad of militia there @ X men, Y cs.

thus... why does it matter whether they get damaged or repaired? apart from a general sense of curiosity in how things work. there isn't even an exploit because it'll cost more to have the "auto repair" repair things.

It matters because if there was no autorepair, it would be very important to ensure that militia was never set up with any equipment damage.

As it is, you can set up militia with 95% damage and know that over time, it will fix itself and the CS will go up.
Timothy Collett

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Which is the answer I was hoping for :)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
It matters because if there was no autorepair, it would be very important to ensure that militia was never set up with any equipment damage.

As it is, you can set up militia with 95% damage and know that over time, it will fix itself and the CS will go up.

I have wondered about this before, myself. Nice to know, thanks :)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

not really. if you want to ensure low equipment dmg. get the lord to hire direct. every lord has that option now. heck.. hiring direct also means they could have big blocks rather than a smattering of small units. whether that's a good thing or not....

if it's really 95%... by the time the stuff is fixed, the unit probably would have disappeared all on their own without a fight. (or half of it has.)
firefox

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'm not going into detail on the circumstances that make this important to me, but suffice to say that they're unusual and I doubt there will be many other players who ever have to care about this.