Author Topic: Clan from Fontan/Aurvandil now in Armonia  (Read 18768 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Clan from Fontan/Aurvandil now in Armonia
« Reply #30: July 12, 2012, 01:50:28 AM »
Discussion about bans in Nivemus is now OVER.

I swear I will lock this thread faster than you can say "flamefest" if we get into a debate about those bans. I only asked because I saw them, and I wanted a bit of clarity. I've gotten it now, both publicly and in PMs. I feel pretty confident I understand the situation, and am personally satisfied. Consider that done.

The question now is simple:

Does anyone have any evidence of actual exclusive clannish activity within Armonia?

Having lots of coordinated family ties is a red flag raising concerns: but it is not in itself sufficient for sanctions. The Magistrates are not interested in some kind of witch hunt persecuting one group of players.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #31: July 12, 2012, 03:58:20 AM »
There's a reason that people who have been previously convicted irl have a probationary period.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 12, 2012, 09:08:07 AM »
I am indeed in Perdan, not in Armonia.

But I am observing regularly (daily) the statistics of Perdan's neighbour realms to see Perdan is safe.

I saw a flux of players to Armonia since their war started.
I saw that there was always a gap between 3-5 chars between Armonia and Eponllyn, with Armonia having more. This went up to 6-10 chars in recent time for Armonia.
And after checking on the Armonian families, I saw that there are a lot of Aurvandil/Fontan players.

Due to this - in combination with the demise of Fontan - I wanted the Magistrates and Titans to preventively take note and observe the situation, since it might be very possible that the remaining clanners from Fontan will go to Armonia.

We have seen this plague many times in action now and we should be cautious, since their migration is still quite predictive - and before the next one happens.

A war between Eponllyn and Armonia on the succession of the former Ibladesh empire was to happen earlier or later, but I'd wish this to happen without any clanning help.

Thank you.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 12, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »
Magistrates aren't here for prevention. We're here for when there's actual abuse going on.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #34: July 12, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
Which is like treating cancer only after you get symptoms. It's much less likely to work than if you look for it before any symptoms show up.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: July 12, 2012, 01:26:43 PM »
Which is like treating cancer only after you get symptoms. It's much less likely to work than if you look for it before any symptoms show up.

Much as I share your sentiment, I'm afraid it's actually more like arresting the guy before he commits the murder. Sure, you stopped him from killing them so far, but you probably don't have any proof that would hold up in court. So he walks. And they die later. And he knows you were onto him, so he uses a much less traceable method.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #36: July 12, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »

Here's a bottle of chemo. Please swallow it, even though you don't have cancer yet.

...Yeah, I didn't think so.

It's time for this witchhunt to stop, I think. Magistrates, have you voted yet?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: July 12, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »
I agree with egamma. There's no rule that states you are not allowed to play in the same realm as your friends. Or even exclusively with your friends. If they haven't done anything wrong then there is no need to report them. We do not do pre-emptive investigations, or routine checks to see if anyone may be breaking some rule.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #38: July 12, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »
I agree with egamma. There's no rule that states you are not allowed to play in the same realm as your friends.

Or even exclusively with your friends.

Incorrect. Excluding non-members from in-game activities is the one thing that will prompt me to banish a clan from the game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: July 12, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
Incorrect. Excluding non-members from in-game activities is the one thing that will prompt me to banish a clan from the game.

I think that wasn't quite what he meant: I read that as "or even if you only want to join realms where your friends are."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: July 12, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
Yes, sorry, Anaris is correct. "Exclusively" was a poor word choice for this discussion.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 12, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »

But I am observing regularly (daily) the statistics of Perdan's neighbour realms to see Perdan is safe.

I saw that there was always a gap between 3-5 chars between Armonia and Eponllyn, with Armonia having more. This went up to 6-10 chars in recent time for Armonia.
And after checking on the Armonian families, I saw that there are a lot of Aurvandil/Fontan players.

Due to this - in combination with the demise of Fontan - I wanted the Magistrates and Titans to preventively take note and observe the situation, since it might be very possible that the remaining clanners from Fontan will go to Armonia.

We have seen this plague many times in action now and we should be cautious, since their migration is still quite predictive - and before the next one happens.

A war between Eponllyn and Armonia on the succession of the former Ibladesh empire was to happen earlier or later, but I'd wish this to happen without any clanning help.

Thank you.

If I may, I believe the surge in CS can be explained. For a long time, even though Armonia's weekly tax gold was a good bit more than Nivemus', they still managed around the same total CS. Even now, 20K CS or so is not too much for a realm with as much as 5.5K gold a tax. Westmoor has a little less than 6K gold on a regular basis, and their total CS is twice Armonia's(granted, partially because they have a crapton of militia in Oligarch). Also, all realms CS tends to shoot up when a war is begun. Those who were inactive sometimes become more active, and those who were active become even more active. That's just the way it works. So it's not surprising that it went up a few thousand CS once the war started, because now they have an enemy realm to war with(which is much more fun than fighting monsters). Also, characters tend to migrate to warring realms. While the fact that many have connections to Aurvandil, a realm which has had clanning in the past, is concerning, so long as they aren't doing anything clan like and are just partaking of the recent war, I don't see a problem. The problem can be addressed later if that situation changes.

That's my opinion. I am no Magistrate, but I thought that should be brought up.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 12, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
We have to add, that's on Battlemaster players have the tendency to move where the wars are, and even if we enforce, forbid or control, players would always prefer to play with friends.

About what a group of players do to take over a realm, thrown out the council on protest to force an election and with it win and take control, etc. (happened to me on Fontan, but is the past) i am not against it.

In the old times some groups tried to kill the rulers, or did it either by poison, stabs, ex: "Brutus killed Ceasar" all is part of the game, because there was, there are and there will be a group of people who want to seize power, on modern times they form political party or terrorist groups, but is the same.

These are things that are easy to solve IC, like Uzamaki did all you have to do is share "Nice and Comfortable All Paid Vacation Tickets" to everyone and presto!

There is an old rule on BattleMaster, (or so i think) something you can or the system let you do, is part of the game, otherwise wont be there, if 10 players want to have characters in the same two realms is ok, but if they are quiet, move like a puppet or don't follow orders, fine them, if they complain, fine them, if they protest, vacation tickets.

Peace!

Bendix

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: July 12, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »

Thank you.

As I explained before, the Aurvandil/Fontan players have been here since before the war. The influx of new players is NOT RELATED to them. The total number of them is 5, not 10, and so far none of them have tried to overthrow the government. It's not nearly on par with the Aurvandil/Fontan clan incident.

If you want to know how we got the CS, look no further than the Dukes: Barzelli and I have been funding it out of our own pockets, giving our entire savings and taxes to the war effort. If you want to accuse us of using a clan to win our wars, then I will be very upset, because so far the former clan players have been contributing only a minimal effort to the war, while I've been spending every penny.

I'll be watching like a hawk for clan behavior now. They are definitely isolationist/anti-social, but not in any way that effects other players. None of them have a title or government position, and due to their uniform lack of social interaction and effort, I doubt they ever will.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #44: July 12, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »
Here's a bottle of chemo. Please swallow it, even though you don't have cancer yet.

...Yeah, I didn't think so.

It's time for this witchhunt to stop, I think. Magistrates, have you voted yet?

Egamma, more like we see that you have a small tumor that is not very large and is easy to remove at the moment, but if we let it sit it will grow very large, possibly infesting several organs and then we will have to put you on extreme chemo treatments and go through multiple surgeries to remove the cancer, if we even can.