Author Topic: Fake religion  (Read 18877 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fake religion
« Reply #30: July 11, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »
I like the thinking behind this and we could even make a new rule out of this.

Basically, I think it is time for a rule that says "if you do things in-game, mean them the way you do them.". Which means if you duel then it's a duel and not a training match. If you challenge someone for a death duel, you really want one party to die. If you create a religion, it must be a religion, and if you declare war you really want to bash in some heads.

I think the "do what you mean" rule would be easier to understand than a "don't do things purely for game-mechanics" one, while meaning pretty much the same thing.

There we go.

That's exactly what I was trying to articulate with the "nothing says I can't so screw you" bit.

This is precisely the kind of rule BattleMaster needs. It will definitely need more judgement than many of the rules, and probably cause some complaining and flamewars (but then, what rule doesn't?), but I think it's absolutely the right way to go.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan