Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 - BattleMaster Guild  (Read 11938 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Guild Wars 2 - BattleMaster Guild
« Topic Start: July 12, 2012, 08:02:43 AM »
It's not long now. I'd love to have a BattleMaster Guild, at least for those of us who don't already have an old GW1 guild.

I'm not sure if guilds are server-based. If they are, we'll need on american and one european branch, and we need to decide in advance on which server to place it. The upcoming beta weekend would be a good opportunity to make a list. (I won't be able to be on that weekend, unfortunately, because I'm away on a music festival).

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2 - BattleMaster Guild
« Reply #1: July 12, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
Damn, if only I played.

I'd love a BM guild on Lord of the Rings Online, I'd pay to see that :-P Despite having one of, if not the best Kin on the server, I'd absolutely leave to join you folks, haha.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 12, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »
Correction, the Deephallow Brewers are the best Kinship.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 12, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »
You don't know what server I'm on so you can't claim your Kin is the best of the server, bahaha. :-P

If you happen to be on Withywyndle (or whatever its called), I'd be honored to ride and fight by your side. Myself and a number of friends recently restarted on this server. We're still pretty low-leveled, I'm just 22, a VIP with Legendary Rohan pack, and my RL buddy who's most active is level 35. :-)

I think I'll go start a LOTRO thread!
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 13, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »
Well I do have an old GW1 guild, but, also unfortunately I am not sure I will play GW2. I had always thought I would, but I spend so much of my freetime on BM, I'm not sure how much time I have leftover for GW2 at this point.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 13, 2012, 06:26:20 PM »
I used to play the first one. Lots of good moments, but I don't think I'll be joining this time. So, luck to those involved and have fun!

That reminds me: if someone is having trouble waiting, and/or wants to try first GW1 to see if they like the gameplay, I have a spare account (right, I had an account, and a tired friend gave me the one he had) that I would be totally willing to give to any of you guys. I don't want any money for it, has no viruses or any other weird thing. It's just that I am 100% sure that I won't use it anymore, so if someone wants it just PM and enjoy playing!
D'Espana Family

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: July 18, 2012, 03:16:16 PM »
Strange, I would've thought there is more overlap. So it seems we won't get enough people interested for a GW2 guild.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 20, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »
I might pick it up, my friend has been bugging me about it.

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 26, 2012, 01:20:38 AM »
I'll be playing Tom. The good thing about GW2 is that you can be a member of multiple guilds.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: July 26, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »
I'll be playing Tom. The good thing about GW2 is that you can be a member of multiple guilds.

I didn't know. Ok, so we'll definitely make a BM guild then.

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 26, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »
Not only that, but you don't need to be on the same server to be in a guild. Guilds are across all servers. You just choose which one you represent at a time and by choosing which one you represent you get access to their chat and get their acronym above their name.

Servers only matter for one thing WvW. Otherwise, you can group up with anyone from any other server, or guest visit other servers, and do PvE and SPvP.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #11: July 26, 2012, 09:16:14 PM »
I know about the guest feature, I've played two of the preview weekends. But I haven't checked out the guild system yet, so it's really good to know that it's cross-server. That really solves a lot of issues.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: August 28, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »
Battlemaster Players [BM]

Is now active. Join in, join in. Let's play together. It'll be interesting to see how many BM players we can get into that guild, so make sure to tell everyone else you know who plays.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: August 29, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »
Hm, nobody? Post here if you want an invite. Remember, you can be in multiple guilds.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 29, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »
In the weekend I will buy the game likely, then I will join the guild.