Author Topic: Gold  (Read 13403 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Gold
« Reply #30: July 14, 2012, 09:40:25 PM »
Really? I guess Astrum is more liberal than Morek, then.
I remember a certain Creed and Bowie, both of which I believe are lords so I don't know about that.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 14, 2012, 10:32:28 PM »
I remember a certain Creed and Bowie, both of which I believe are lords so I don't know about that.

Dunno, a new player I invited was told he would only be given an estate if he joined the Church.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 14, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
Dunno, a new player I invited was told he would only be given an estate if he joined the Church.
Yeah but that could have been the lords choice, not realm policy but it also could have been from the "house of lords" or whatever Morek's group of lords is called which would seem like realm policy.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 14, 2012, 11:23:24 PM »

Wait, what? That sounds like a meta-gamey and a very dirtbaggish move.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 15, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »
Wait, what? That sounds like a meta-gamey and a very dirtbaggish move.
If you think he was invited and then told by JPierreD afterwards about that I would agree a little but I tell you what happened to clear it up. JPierreD invited someone, either to the game or just to Morek. They joined and went to Morek, a theocracy of SA. They asked for a estate, and were told by either the lord or the message group of lords that you must join the church to have in estate in Morek, a theocracy. My point I am making it does make sense IG that a theocracy have you join their religion before allowing you to have an estate their.
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #35: July 15, 2012, 12:33:55 AM »
Creed and Bowie are not exactly friends of the Church, yet hold lordships. So I don't know about any claims that Morek won't allow heathen lords.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 15, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »
Whoever told them that was absolutely wrong. It was never policy in any of the theocracies to prevent non-SA people from being in the realm, or having estates. Morek even has council-level nobles who are not SA. As someone said, Bowie and Creed are not friends of SA. Bowie cheered on Averoth and Caerwyn when they attacked Astrum in an effort to drive off SA. Creed is an avowed heretic of SA.

It was unofficial policy in Astrum (and still is) that only SA members get lordships. That's not metagaming at all. The realm is a theocrcay devoted to SA. Why would we let just anyone have power?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #37: July 15, 2012, 01:11:18 AM »
Whoever told them that was absolutely wrong. It was never policy in any of the theocracies to prevent non-SA people from being in the realm, or having estates. Morek even has council-level nobles who are not SA. As someone said, Bowie and Creed are not friends of SA. Bowie cheered on Averoth and Caerwyn when they attacked Astrum in an effort to drive off SA. Creed is an avowed heretic of SA.

It was unofficial policy in Astrum (and still is) that only SA members get lordships. That's not metagaming at all. The realm is a theocrcay devoted to SA. Why would we let just anyone have power?

I became a lord before joining the church :o

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 15, 2012, 02:43:14 AM »
And now YOU'RE GONE!!! >:-)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: July 15, 2012, 03:41:37 AM »
There is certainly much misinformation regarding that, and mixed opinions. Apart from that individual case when I was in Summerdale I received several letters for me to pass forward to the Dalian nobles inviting them to join Morek, but making clear joining the Church was a necessity to hold Lordships.

I suppose some radical characters say one thing while other more moderate ones say another. Wonder whose opinion is the one that prevails in the political game.

And I don't consider it meta-gamey at all. It's perfectly valid RP, very suited to a Theocracy.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

egamma

« Reply #40: July 15, 2012, 07:02:50 AM »
I've occasionally tried to force my religion on that of my knights (on multiple islands), with little result. Of course, now that I can easily kick them...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 15, 2012, 10:39:54 AM »
They joined and went to Morek, a theocracy of SA. They asked for a estate, and were told by either the lord or the message group of lords that you must join the church to have in estate in Morek, a theocracy.

It is an IG requirement to be a member of SA to get an estate in Caiyun. The Lord of Caiyun may or may not make it sound as if that was a requirement in all regions of Morek, depending on the forum in which this requirement is aired.
After all it's a roleplaying game.