Author Topic: Exagerated region reports  (Read 2990 times)

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Exagerated region reports
« Topic Start: July 16, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
The region reports sure exagerate things a lot. I look at the duchy report and it is horrible: no patriotism, morale rock bottom. Then I look at the region status and it doesn't look bad at all considering the said region has been starving for days: control core, production good, loyalty friendly, morale stoic.
True the status went down bit each day but not fast enough to completly ruin status before it could be fed.
Having your region looted seems to drop status a lot faster, yet the reports don't make such a tragedy out of it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:06:29 AM by mikm »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Exagerated region reports
« Reply #1: July 16, 2012, 12:32:40 PM »
Can you please give us examples of the actual in-game texts you are referring to, side-by-side?

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 16, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »
This is how it is now.

Due to the ongoing starvation, all commercial activities have ceased. Production is effectively at zero. Morale drops through the floor and loyalty to your realm is non-existent.

and the status on the region page is
Production:   Good (71%)
Morale:   Stoic (57%)
Realm Loyalty:   Indifferent (53%)
Realm Control:   Main

Not exactly as horible as described.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 16, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »
Maybe the new system has finally succeeded in getting people to stop considering stats dropping below 90% the end of the world!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 16, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »
... well.. what are the stats before turn change? i'm thinking it describes more about change in stats, rather than stats.

i mean... would you prefer a drop from 100% to 0% immediately?
firefox

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 16, 2012, 10:17:27 PM »
 These mesages simply state that region status is as low as low can get whitch is absolutly not true. Have been geting them for a few days now. True, several hundred peasents have droped dead each day but status is quite good dispite that. Nothing close  to what these mesages say.

Ironicly, I reach my region and I get the "peasents are happy and cheer your arrival" mesage.
Yes after starving for days and dieing by the hundreds they defently must be happy. Also consinering the region report states absolute disaster, they defently must be happy.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:26:41 PM by mikm »

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 16, 2012, 10:40:42 PM »
Maybe the new system has finally succeeded in getting people to stop considering stats dropping below 90% the end of the world!

That is because before when they dropped below 90% the risk of a spiral of doom were much greater than now.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: July 17, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »
I agree that the messages sound more dire than it is. Something else is apparently helping you prop up the stats. With this message alone, all region stats should drop somewhere between 5-10% every turn, in addition to the damage the deaths cause.

The problem is that most of the turn report messages report only one thing.  So if starvation is really your only problem, then the message is way too strongly. It is the strongest of four messages:
  • The food stores are depleted in certain areas of the region and some people are going hungry.
  • The people are starving! Unrest and looting are becoming a serious problem. $Deaths peasants have starved to death today.
  • The people are starving to death! Many people are sick or don't come to work anymore. Unrest and looting are getting out of control. $Deaths peasants have starved to death today.
  • Due to the ongoing starvation, all commercial activities have ceased. Production is effectively at zero. Morale drops through the floor and loyalty to your realm is non-existent. If there hasn't been a rebellion yet, it is only because the people are too hungry. $Deaths peasants have starved to death today.
Suggestions for better messages? I'm not above adding a 5th level, as it seems what I considered an extreme starvation level happens more often than I thought it would.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 17, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »
5. We are losing the region to starvation! The last administrators have fled the province and armed bands control large portions of the territory. Those who cannot leave are either dying silently or fighting each other for the last scraps of anything resembling edible. It is only a matter of time before no memory of your rule is left in the land. $Deaths peasants have starved to death today.

Needs refining, but hopefully a sentence or two will be useful.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).