Author Topic: IG Battle Tactics Discussion  (Read 6585 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: IG Battle Tactics Discussion
« Reply #15: July 15, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »
I used archers in skirmish to great effectivness against the ranged daimons attacking Firbalt. Skirmish and fortifications together reduced the damage I was taking down to 1/6th or less. That meant my unit alone could soak up 5 or 6 rounds of fire from the single ranged daimon unit before retreating.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 15, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
Yep, we've been fighting offensive battles against melee demons. Archer units have seemed pretty damn useless against them.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 16, 2012, 12:39:15 AM »
The charger daimons don't really give you much chance to hit them before they clos range. I hear a good tactic for those is to just close as fast as possible on an open field, and swamp them with a large number of units. Spread the massive damage out as much as possible to slow down the cashalties.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 17, 2012, 07:16:52 AM »
yeah.. if you have a ton of units.. you don't get "much" damage.

obviously, after whacking the charger... your units will be scattered and you have to face the ranged ones in drips and draps... thus getting one shotted.... again.
firefox