Author Topic: Assassination!  (Read 32962 times)

egamma

Re: Assassination!
« Reply #60: August 11, 2012, 08:28:04 PM »
Okay, the founder can emigrate and start the same religion on another island.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #61: August 11, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »
Because the Pope really went from continent to continent to establish the RCC there.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: August 11, 2012, 09:52:33 PM »
So have someone else do it. Someone had to build the first church, and give the first sermon. I'm not really sure what game mechanics support you reaaly want, or even need.

For me, I like the separation between islands. Let each island have their own flavor and style. Having the same religions on each island would be as boring as having the same realms on each island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #63: August 11, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
Which is what the CoH HAS been doing.  However, it'd still be nice if there was some sort of formal link between the branches game-wise.

And I have to disagree.  Seeing transcontinental religions and even empires is interesting.  I'd love to see some Empire formed on one continent have colonies/branches led by a Prince or Viceroy on another.

Zakilevo

« Reply #64: August 11, 2012, 11:07:22 PM »
Which is what the CoH HAS been doing.  However, it'd still be nice if there was some sort of formal link between the branches game-wise.

And I have to disagree.  Seeing transcontinental religions and even empires is interesting.  I'd love to see some Empire formed on one continent have colonies/branches led by a Prince or Viceroy on another.

We are playing a medieval low fantasy game not a colonial game :p

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: August 11, 2012, 11:09:57 PM »
They had colonies and inter-married royal family-led mini-empires here and there. :-) That was more from marriage boons and alliances and such though.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: August 11, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »
when you deport a priest or the priest emigrate, he remains a priest of that religion, for starters.
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: August 11, 2012, 11:31:37 PM »
when you deport a priest or the priest emigrate, he remains a priest of that religion, for starters.

OK, first of all?

No.

Secondly, no.

And thirdly, no, uh-uh, wrong, bzzt! try again.

You can't deport priests. Priests can't emigrate. This is why.

It would be fundamentally impossible for a priest to remain a priest of the same religion if we allowed him to emigrate, because the religions are stored in databases specific to the continent. The game doesn't even know how to look for his religion.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: August 12, 2012, 12:01:04 AM »
hello.... that's a wish, of what a global religion would allow, not what happens now.

they can't emigrate as is because they have to flip out to another class before they can do so. (which is kind of stupid, albeit understandable given restrictions)

it might not be possible atm because the game doesn't know anything about it, that does not mean it should not be explored. if the infrastructure is there, then it would be possible. assuming it's desired at the end of the day.

i think a priest (founder no less) got deported in an earlier invasion. in any case, it would be something possible, if there's a framework for global religion.
firefox

Zakilevo

« Reply #69: August 12, 2012, 12:10:14 AM »
Time for all humans of BM to believe the Blood Stars...

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: August 12, 2012, 12:20:42 AM »
No thank you. That'd be boring and, quite frankly, the Bloodstars can go burn.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #71: August 12, 2012, 02:34:24 AM »
No thank you. That'd be boring and, quite frankly, the Bloodstars can go burn.
For the bloodstars are merely a pale reflection of the glory the the Divine!

Honestly, the continental crusades could prove more interesting, imo.  That is one of tue few reasons I wish our continents were more linked.

Maybe one day.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: August 12, 2012, 02:39:29 AM »
I can just see an entire group of nobles emigrating en-masse to a new continent, setting up their temples, and being all irritating with their strange traditions and beliefs. :-P Forge a new empire!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: August 12, 2012, 02:47:00 AM »
There is plenty of island left for any religion to conquer, without the need to go looking for new islands to conquer. I, for one, would be dead set against any kind of change like that, if it were even remotely possible.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: August 12, 2012, 03:26:14 AM »
T'was a joke. :-P

It has nothing to do with changes, really. Any group of nobles can quite easily say "F*ck it" and mass emigrate to a new continent - that requires no new mechanics. They can also quite easily bring their religion over - its called a Notepad. >_>