Author Topic: A noble and an adventurer on Dwilight at the same time  (Read 3587 times)

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I was under the impression that you could have a noble and an adventurer at the same time, active and all that in Dwilight. In fact, I distinctly remember I had an advy with my noble at the same time, but now the game tells me I already have that type of a character there.

Granted, the poor fellow I had there just recently died, but he does now show in the account menu anymore. So, is there a problem or do I just need to wait a bit longer?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Wait a bit longer (a day or two) and file a bug on the bugtracker if the issue persists.  I remember testing a few fixes to character limits recently.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Weird. I have an Advy and noble on Dwi without issue and I only joined like a month or two back.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Somebody reported the same thing some weeks ago on the bugtracker.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
No, he is talking about a different long-standing bug: if you have an Adventurer in Dwilight you cannot make a Noble.

Solution: Pause your Adventurer, create your Noble, unpause your Adventurer.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Yeah, I tried that, but it wont let me pause my advy because she's too fresh - apparently some known exploit or some such to spy stuff. So, I suppose I just need to wait until she is not so fresh anymore, however long that is supposed to take.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Hmm, that bug should be fixed.  So you have an advy and want to create a noble right?  Give me your char name and island.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
That bug is been around since I started playing the game.
Edit:
This is his user: http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=33018
Island is Dwilight.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:43:41 PM by JPierreD »
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I see that there's one more place where the calculation is wrong.  Anyone got a bug number for this?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Regardless, should be good in r6272.  Do bring such discussions to the bugtracker, but this was a good exception as it was a well known bug that should've been fixed recently but still lingered.