Author Topic: Abuse of Vulgarity  (Read 26868 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Abuse of Vulgarity
« Reply #30: July 19, 2012, 12:29:35 AM »
[bunch of stuff deleted]

To summarize:

You felt disrespected so abused the vulgarity option to retaliate.

Your wiki search did not unearth the difference between atheist and pagan, leading you to abuse the vulgarity option.

Regarding this post, I'm going to ask that this thread be slightly more moderated. The first paragraph is obviously just an ad hominem, and furthermore it misrepresents the facts of the case. (Egamma EDIT: done, and sorry for the delay)

The bullet points are also inaccurate; the player of elroy repeatedly says "You." I didn't feel disrespected until he and other players started hurling OOC insults. At that point, sure (though I have a pretty thick skin generally). I am unsure how I stirred up so much OOC hatred, though a long string of OOC comments by several players in question (often mixed with IC comments) leads me to believe that I may have stirred up some OOC controversy within Eston beyond what I am aware of, or else touched on some historical sensitivity. But crucially, "I" did not feel disrespected by Athena Leather. Cyrilos did. Cyrilos is a bloodthirsty maniac and a prick to boot, though; he gets offended by everything.

I am unsure what the references to iphones and wiki searches refer to, so I'll just let them stand unchallenged, as I just don't know what they are there for to begin with.

And I have no interest in making this case about some kind of personal victory or defeat, so I'll redirect the Magistrates to all of my other comments, which are all germaine to the issue at hand, and ask that they consider them apart from personal attacks being made.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:08:52 PM by egamma »
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner