Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 207595 times)

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #480: October 27, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »
I'm sorry for how this turned out. I'm not in the colony where you lost your character, so I didn't see what exactly happened, but I really have to say that facebook discussion was rather rude of most of the people who participated in it. Players should be friendlier to each other. Also, I personally see no reason to kill an actively RPing child just for building a "lame" weapon. Okay, it might be something like bad form to go hunting without having been taught to, but I wouldn't kill a child for it. With the guarding system in place, I also disagree that a young child with any kind of bad weapon is actually a threat. Each colony -should- have at least one decently equipped fighter around who guards all the others, so that trolls can't hit that badly. Again, I don't know the details and maybe I'm missing something, but from what I learned from the facebook group and here, it sounds pretty much like an overreaction to me. They even said your RP was good, so... I don't quite get it. Some people are more "sensitive" than others, I guess.

Edit: But I can only repeat what I have already posted in my FAQ and other posts on the first 3 pages of this topic, so that such cases can hopefully be avoided in the future: If you want your character survive, do not, ever, start to construct any kind of weapon as a child without the official permission from the character's parents because a lot of people would kill your char for doing so. I wouldn't if it's an otherwise active and productive RPer, but that's just me. In most colonies, that's just a pretty fast way to get killed.

Oh, and for some cultures, the first weapon and the first hunt might also be very meaningful, so it's best to avoid it completely until your char is several years older than just 5 and gets an adult to agree that it's time for them to hunt.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:48:08 AM by Andira »