Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 206561 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #60: July 21, 2012, 03:22:24 AM »
Also, not sure how keen I am to join a game whose creator doesn't even do anything for it.

This is one of the greatest things out Battlemaster. Tom is an active part of the community. He clearly has a passion for the game and has spent over a decade communing with his player base and working to improve the game in ways big and small. If you really want, you can get in contact with Tom anytime and he will likely get back to you. The same goes for the Devs. They are part of the active player base and community.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: July 21, 2012, 03:27:30 AM »
Actually its thought that people's personalities have already developed when a person is 7 years old though I understand not wanting to RP anything much younger than that.

Well I'm not a psychiatrist but I think my point stands.

RP'ing early on sucks.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: July 21, 2012, 03:42:50 AM »
Well I'm not a psychiatrist but I think my point stands.

RP'ing early on sucks.
Your point is true, and I am not a psychiartrist either, I just remember random stuff that I hear.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #63: July 21, 2012, 03:55:05 AM »
I can't believe you guys don't see the potential for epic RPs of evil babies like Stewie while maintaining the infant façade!

Also, 12 babies at once... I... don't even.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: July 21, 2012, 04:27:22 AM »
Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 21, 2012, 04:30:49 AM »
Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong with a little OOC collaboration, at the very least to try and get the game growing more? With a group of us we could kind of form a group to get things going with more baby production and finish up the que faster.

Also a big group can kind of get the creator back into it?

Perhaps someone should just buy the rights to the game from him and we can fix a lot of the issues? Or at least make an alternate version where you start as a youth.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: July 21, 2012, 05:29:28 AM »
Or at least make an alternate version where you start as a youth.

Yeah, there should be an option to start as a parentless, troubled youth. You just show up in the world, 14 years old, no parents, no friends, no clue who you are or what you're supposed to be. All you know is there are all these old people around trying to tell you to be something you're not. You like to hang out behind the local soda shop, roll your own cigarettes, and maybe do a vandalism here and there, maybe a little spray paint. "Ain't nobody tell me nothin'."  8)

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: July 21, 2012, 07:39:51 AM »
you are assuming he wants a load of people..
firefox

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: July 21, 2012, 08:01:49 AM »
Well many of the BM players are hardcore RPers, they would love playing as a baby. It may suck for a little while but hey, RPing a fluffy, overstuffed chatterbox is fun. I am rolling, 130ish on the queue.

Note: The game discussions goes on only in their fb group and irc channel, make sure not to miss them.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #69: July 21, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »
I don't know about that, Cren, judging from what's been said in this forum. I've noticed a lot of people saying they WOULD NOT like to rp as that. Only a very few have said they would.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: July 21, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »
me.. i'm just going to click buttons. no text from me... i'm thinking... if ever i'm born.
firefox

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: July 21, 2012, 03:19:42 PM »
I've already decided upon my RP for a child, it'll be very easy. I'm just going to be a mute character. No talking, no crying.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: July 21, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »
Seems interesting, will role play "The Orphan, will start by killing my parents and be evil!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: July 21, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »
*whoops... boy pissed poison in their tea*
*starve to death as no one is around to feed him*
firefox

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: July 21, 2012, 05:58:24 PM »
I've already decided upon my RP for a child, it'll be very easy. I'm just going to be a mute character. No talking, no crying.
Mute like Einstein, or mute like tongue cut?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton