Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 208021 times)

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #90: July 25, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
If you absolutely hate the thought of playing as a child, you could also try a game named Cantr (www.cantr.net). It has some things in common with FTO, but the whole family system doesn't exist and characters simply appear out of nowhere at the age of 20. Personally, I have always preferred getting born into families because it also makes integration much easier, but I've never had many problems playing as a child either.

There are some major differences between Cantr and FTO, though. No family system in Cantr also means there isn't a birth queue and you can start playing right away (well, as soon as your account got manually accepted). Cantr doesn't have a fantasy setting and the only race you can play is humans, so the atmosphere is quite different from that of FTO. Magic doesn't exist either. But something that Cantr is offering that FTO doesn't have are different language groups, which might be especially interesting for BM players who aren't native speakers of English and who would like to roleplay in their native language or for people who are trying to improve their skills in a foreign language and would like to roleplay in that language. The language groups don't have separate worlds, so you will likely encounter characters of a different language group sooner or later. Emotes are written in *asterisks*, just like in FTO. And like in any comparable game, your playing experience of course depends greatly on where you spawn and on who the players (and characters) around your character will be.

Some people prefer Cantr, some people prefer FTO, some people don't like either of these games. I guess you'd have to try it out to find out which of these groups you belong to.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:23:11 PM by Andira »