Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 204535 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #630: April 18, 2013, 12:28:04 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen it take more than 24 hours.

What's your travel skill? If you're making an especially hard passage with little or no skill, it really would take longer.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #631: April 18, 2013, 12:30:58 AM »
Poorer than poor. Never made him travel before.
D'Espana Family

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #632: April 27, 2013, 08:56:28 PM »
So I've been born as baby Irvahn, the only boy in a litter with 5 girls. Apparently I'll be a slender 6 foot blue person with purple hair. Somewhere called "Seal Lake" (Location: Street), guess we'll see if the 4 month wait was worth it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:58:06 PM by Dishman »
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #633: April 27, 2013, 09:35:07 PM »
:) That's the new locaiton of the Talian colony. I was born as one of the five girls.

One of my other characters, Vortah, is a Talian that ran away from home. Enroen is Vortah's uncle.  I *think*, though I'm not sure, that Semarala is Vortah's sister.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #634: April 27, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »
Neat. The parents seem friendly, so maybe we get to escape infanticide. After checking other's attributes, it looks like I lost the genetic lottery with below average stats (and horrid constitution). It looks like the area has promise, though.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #635: May 09, 2013, 04:06:55 AM »
My character has left the Set village with his wife and kid and after a detour has ended up in Nolja... Which apparently was only a small trip from his birthplace. Nolja seems to be keeping with the trend of more women than men with 7 women to 3 men.

Found a map here in Nolja that someone had made, the island seems to be a larger one.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #636: May 09, 2013, 04:16:13 AM »
What is your character's name? My character in Nolja is named Elora.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #637: May 09, 2013, 04:36:38 AM »
His name is Corran.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #638: June 01, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »
I finally quit this game. Totally uninteresting. About all they do is play house, RP growing up, and complain about people who pick up a knife before they're given permission from their parents. Boring. Not only that, but the ridiculous focus about keeping everything IG means that everything in the game is temporary, and quickly falls apart. There is no meaningful history or collection of past events or exploits. If you build something, it quickly falls apart. So the entire game has this temporary, ephemeral feeling to it. There are so few players/characters, and so much space, that 99.9% of the game is just an empty wasteland.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639: June 01, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
My character die, so as well this will be my leave of FTO.

Is not much what i expected.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #640: June 02, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »
I finally remembered to log in again and apparently I am the next to be born. But I think is not worthy the try right?
If people I trust say is not worthy...
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #641: June 02, 2013, 02:47:33 AM »
IMO, it's not worth it. The game is dead. The world needs several thousand players to make it really interesting. And there's maybe 100 now. Maybe less. It's essentially a pure RP game. The few mechanics that exist are mostly for making food, and completely useless items. The players almost exclusively use the game for RPing raising families. But there are no mechanics to support it, so they have a strict set of unwritten rules you need to follow, or your character risks getting killed by people who are afraid you'll be a griefer and kill them.

Every time you start a new character, you have to go through RPing the whole stupid "growing up" period again. With *every* character. And then when you have your own kids, you'll have to RP raising them. Every time you have kids. And 3/4s of the kids you have will die of starvation inside of a few days. And half the rest will die of starvation within a few weeks. Because they're not played, because the birth system is retarded.

But, hey, if RPing being a housewife and pretending to raise kids is something that sounds interesting to you, then go for it. Because that's *all* you will do in this game.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #642: June 02, 2013, 03:03:33 AM »
lol
No, thanks.
I prefer other kind of stories :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #643: June 02, 2013, 04:04:50 AM »
If you want to do pure RP, Mizahar is a much better collaborative story website.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #644: June 02, 2013, 04:29:22 AM »
I can't even make my chars here RP as much as I want...