Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 204421 times)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #15: July 19, 2012, 07:41:02 AM »
I wonder if you get to name your character yourself or if your parents do it,
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 19, 2012, 07:42:47 AM »
It says in the FAQ.

We get our parent-given family name that no one but us sees, and then we make our own name by which the world will know us.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: July 19, 2012, 07:48:11 AM »
Only thing you can choose is your gender.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 19, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »
Currently 152nd on the queue, surely they chose a boring process for the start.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: July 19, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
86 more to go!. Yeah I agree with this whole waiting thing being boring as hell. I really hope the game is worth the wait.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 19, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »
... you can just see it now, can't you

"you are born"
"you got dropped... you die"
*back of queue*
firefox

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 19, 2012, 09:49:26 AM »
LOL.

97 in.

Well, the issue is that there's perma-death, so apparently these douches aren't dying fast enough!

Lets change that. ;-) BM-Bay12 clan of death?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 19, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »
Pregnant Mothers: 3
Your position in the birth queue is: 117

Hullu Hullu's incarnation is on the line!
~Violence is always an option!~

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 19, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »
hang on.. why does perma death matter? are they limiting number of characters in the server?

i was thinking people aren't horny enough or what not and not making babies instead..
firefox

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 19, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
Perma-death matters because you'll have to start over as a child again and wait till you're born again. The number of characters in the server is only limited by the pregnant mothers. This game appears to still be very new, and there have been way more sign-ups then expected, that's why there is such a long queue now. I believe ingame time has been sped up right now etc. to increase the birth rate. It's most certainly a very interesting approach, this method, and that's pretty much what has got me curious :P

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 19, 2012, 12:19:15 PM »
but... isn't the limiting factor the number of mothers?

... so basically there aren't enough people getting it on.. so to speak.. or are all the women getting killed?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:21:01 PM by fodder »
firefox

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 19, 2012, 04:40:02 PM »
Alright, HERE'S THE PLAN!

Lets make like vikings and kill, conquer, and !@#$ everything in our way so that we can a) stimulate new players, b) create more pregnant women and c) ensure our people tower above all ;-)

Hey, its doable... :-P

I'm curious about the mechanics, actually. Is the game new/small enough that they can't support so many players yet, or is there some in-game mechanic thats making things super-slow?

I'm going to be a defensive bastard because I don't want to wait on line again, and if there's anything I can do to speed up that line for others, I will do so.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 19, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »
is the queue mainly due to deaths though?
firefox

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 19, 2012, 05:33:52 PM »
I'm curious about the mechanics, actually. Is the game new/small enough that they can't support so many players yet, or is there some in-game mechanic thats making things super-slow?

The game is too new / too small. Basically, there was such a high sudden interest in the game, a huge queue started building up with not enough players yet to handle that many new-borns. That's why they sped up the birthing process / ingame time or something to stimulate more players entering. At least that was the explanation a few months back.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:35:38 PM by Telrunya »

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 19, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Not sure. I know when you die you get added to the queue, but it does seem like there's been a massive surge in new players signing up to what's otherwise a small game. Happens. :-P I remember when Bay12 bombed a strategy-war party-based Fantasy game and even forged an empire that owned half the world at one point. The creator ended up joining B12 and is now an avid player and B12er bahaha. We practically overloaded his server due to the population explosion, and with all the new arrivals he went into overdrive and unleashed a massive amount of new features in a sequence of updates.

I think if we power-bomb this game, we might spurn some good things. I'd like to get in contact with the creator directly via email this week and see if I can get some information that isn't included in the wiki, as well as mention BM and Bay12 and inquire about the state of the queue. Always good to be inquisitive and make the first move :-) Even if it changes nothing, which is more than likely, I'll get some information and relay it to you folks. I'm pretty sure if all of us send an email respectfully asking about the queue, mentioning we were referred from the BM forums, and thanking them for the game and all that, we'd get some results.

Population explosions in games always give a creator good reason to change things up and add to the system, especially if its a little-known or limited game due to a low population.

That their queue jumped from 115 to 140 and we're only at 97ish means there's not that many players. Or maybe the game is practically dead. Either way, I'm damn sure our pop-surge will be FUN.