Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 206615 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #75: July 21, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »
You guys might want to reconsider what you *would want to do as a char* over the fact that their game community hates powergamers and collaborate on *killing* those characters.

1. Your character doesn't ever talks -isn't fed by the IG mom, thinking you to be an inactive player. Results in starvation, eventually death.

2. You are powergaming: ex- running around equipped with swords and armour while essentially your char is 2 yr old and doesn't have permission from elders -hunting parties are arranged to kill your char.

Courtesy- The Faery Tale Online Facebook group. Enjoy!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: July 21, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »
I tried joining their group,, but they won't add me.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: July 21, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »
I tried joining their group,, but they won't add me.

Hey Rob, I posted your querry on the group, seems like you have to wait till the admin comes online.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: July 22, 2012, 12:51:54 AM »
You guys might want to reconsider what you *would want to do as a char* over the fact that their game community hates powergamers and collaborate on *killing* those characters.

1. Your character doesn't ever talks -isn't fed by the IG mom, thinking you to be an inactive player. Results in starvation, eventually death.

2. You are powergaming: ex- running around equipped with swords and armour while essentially your char is 2 yr old and doesn't have permission from elders -hunting parties are arranged to kill your char.

Courtesy- The Faery Tale Online Facebook group. Enjoy!

If my character doesn't speak, but posts RP's how could they think I'm inactive?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: July 22, 2012, 08:40:01 AM »
If my character doesn't speak, but posts RP's how could they think I'm inactive?

I meant you post nothing but you are actively playing the game, then that happens. We need to communicate to those IG moms that we are active ones, by posting RPs or *grah guah gaah*

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: July 22, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »

I meant you post nothing but you are actively playing the game, then that happens. We need to communicate to those IG moms that we are active ones, by posting RPs or *grah guah gaah*

Ahh okay.

Well I still think it would be interesting to play a character with a disability such as this. Not being able to speak (or choosing not to ever) will present some challenges but also make things somewhat interesting I suspect.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: July 22, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
Been there, done that. ;) It was interesting in the beginning, but after some time, I was wishing I hadn't taken that road because it was growing a bit old over the time and also somewhat frustrating when trying to have my character raise her children with a mostly inactive father...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: July 23, 2012, 04:07:26 AM »
Pregnant Mothers: 4
Your position in the birth queue is: 123

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: July 23, 2012, 04:26:08 AM »
Perma-death matters because you'll have to start over as a child again and wait till you're born again. The number of characters in the server is only limited by the pregnant mothers. This game appears to still be very new, and there have been way more sign-ups then expected, that's why there is such a long queue now. I believe ingame time has been sped up right now etc. to increase the birth rate. It's most certainly a very interesting approach, this method, and that's pretty much what has got me curious :P

I remember signing up for this game several years ago. Back then I waited for 6 or so months without getting born.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #84: July 23, 2012, 05:11:32 AM »
Since I'm in the inactive clan, I probably can't ever get into FTO since I'll be dropped into the passive due to forgetting...
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: July 23, 2012, 10:13:04 AM »
Well, i dont know about RP'ing just born child, but atleast for first time i think it is important time to learn how the place and game works. I'm not over all very much HC rp at BM... but i'm in love with this game already... maybby not RPing my self a lot, but i do enjoy other peoples RP's... and who knows i might start to make more by my self.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: July 24, 2012, 12:16:29 AM »
Your position in the birth queue is: 96

Joining the under 100 club! Now to wait for 4 inactives to come back....

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: July 24, 2012, 12:48:34 AM »
goo goo ga... gerp... bwa bwa! snnnfff burp pah! da da! oooo gurgle... *poop*

(How did I do? Can you feel the angst and desire to be a future hero and amazing fighter? Can you sense my "hardcore" literary and RPing genius?)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: July 24, 2012, 01:23:58 AM »
Pure genius.

* Indirik searches for the "RP Medal" link

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #89: July 24, 2012, 01:32:13 AM »
Your position in the birth queue is: 1337
Pregnant Mothers: π
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.