Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 204666 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #90: July 25, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »
Pregnant Mothers: 3
Your position in the birth queue is: 155
Pregnant Mothers: 0
Your position in the birth queue is: 100
In one week I moved up 55 spots. At this rate, it's going to be another 2 weeks before I even get a character. And then another 6 or 8 weeks before my character can do anything more than poop her diapers.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: July 25, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »
Depends. There have been a bit of slow births lately. Sometimes they can give birth to as many as 14 kids at once!
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: July 25, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
If you absolutely hate the thought of playing as a child, you could also try a game named Cantr (www.cantr.net). It has some things in common with FTO, but the whole family system doesn't exist and characters simply appear out of nowhere at the age of 20. Personally, I have always preferred getting born into families because it also makes integration much easier, but I've never had many problems playing as a child either.

There are some major differences between Cantr and FTO, though. No family system in Cantr also means there isn't a birth queue and you can start playing right away (well, as soon as your account got manually accepted). Cantr doesn't have a fantasy setting and the only race you can play is humans, so the atmosphere is quite different from that of FTO. Magic doesn't exist either. But something that Cantr is offering that FTO doesn't have are different language groups, which might be especially interesting for BM players who aren't native speakers of English and who would like to roleplay in their native language or for people who are trying to improve their skills in a foreign language and would like to roleplay in that language. The language groups don't have separate worlds, so you will likely encounter characters of a different language group sooner or later. Emotes are written in *asterisks*, just like in FTO. And like in any comparable game, your playing experience of course depends greatly on where you spawn and on who the players (and characters) around your character will be.

Some people prefer Cantr, some people prefer FTO, some people don't like either of these games. I guess you'd have to try it out to find out which of these groups you belong to.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:23:11 PM by Andira »

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: July 26, 2012, 01:19:54 AM »
Thanks Andira for covering so much. I'm a long time FTO player myself, since 2009, I actually played the Eve of the Dark Elf race. How races were generated at first is through the creator creating an Adam and Eve of each race and placing them in regions of the world. So everyone is descended from those initial players.

It makes for a lot of fun.

ONE WARNING. If you grow up and become of mating age, you will most likely mate with your brother or your sister. I know that in RL there are reasons why we are turned off from incest, however those don't exist IG. So characters IG view incest as completely natural as there is no biological or social consequences, don't bring OOC biases IG.
Most of the game's population is broken up into small tribes of 5-15 people with a few cities with 30+ people. Because of this, the diversity of partners is not that common.

If you want me to answer any other questions, feel free to. I'll even answer IC stuff and game mechanics.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: July 26, 2012, 03:12:34 AM »
Pregnant Mothers: 2
Your position in the birth queue is: 178

That captcha really sucked!

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: July 26, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »
Your position in the birth queue is: 178

That captcha really sucked!

Well, looks like BM and DF have caused quite a babyboom...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #96: July 26, 2012, 08:25:21 AM »
Interesting.

Your position in the birth queue is: 122

Seems 2s are popular.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: July 26, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »
I'm at 99 now. Breaking the 100 barrier... I feel special. :D

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: July 26, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »
Pregnant Mothers: 0
Your position in the birth queue is: 175

I got reading their Facebook page and ..., well, I'm not so sure some of them know it's a game.

I hope I get them as my parents.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: July 26, 2012, 09:49:02 PM »
Yeah, some of those people are *very* into the game.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: July 26, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »
Explaining how FTO works to all of you somehow made me want to play again, too... with the recent adjustments to the racial fertility ages, one of my characters who used to be unable to get babies any longer might be able to revive her colony now. Maybe I'll give it a try, hoping to get at least one child who will stay active this time and one day have children on his/her own. I'm not 100% sure yet that my character actually can get pregnant again now, though, since I don't know the exact fertility ages for the different races.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: July 26, 2012, 10:44:17 PM »
With a bit of luck, you'll get one of us :P

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: July 26, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »
If you get me I'll do my best to help :-)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: July 26, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »
We'll see what happens. :) She's the one of my characters who once had seven babies at once, so there's hope she won't just give birth to a single baby that is inactive. But first, I need luck for her being able to get pregnant at all again, heh. At least there's a male volunteering to test it soon. ;)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: July 27, 2012, 02:07:06 AM »
We'll see what happens. :) She's the one of my characters who once had seven babies at once, so there's hope she won't just give birth to a single baby that is inactive. But first, I need luck for her being able to get pregnant at all again, heh. At least there's a male volunteering to test it soon. ;)

My cat did that once, had 7 babies at once, and it didn't work out well for her.  You have my sympathies.