Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 207280 times)

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #135: July 30, 2012, 08:00:40 PM »
Unless she has just a single baby like my chars had.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: July 30, 2012, 08:24:59 PM »
Unless she has just a single baby like my chars had.

Hope we get born to the IG Mom.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: July 30, 2012, 10:01:22 PM »
I got both of my characters pregnant again in the hope for better luck with active babies this time. There's also another woman in my dwarf's colony pregnant, making 3 pregnant mothers in total now. :)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #138: July 31, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »
That... is really fast.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: July 31, 2012, 12:17:13 AM »
I'm not complaining. 84 more babies to go!

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: July 31, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »
Well, it's just boring when the babies are inactive. And after the 20th or so time, one really doesn't feel any longer like playing a huge drama about babies that never wake because the new players behind them didn't like the game after all, so the best thing to do is just to try again and get active babies. ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:43:13 AM by Andira »

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #141: July 31, 2012, 12:50:46 AM »
Maybe I will have the baby make monkey noises so everyone thinks it's a monkey rather than a baby. :P

I don't know why your comment made me think of that.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: July 31, 2012, 02:10:28 AM »
lol, even if it's a monkey, it would be better than no noise and no activity at all.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #143: July 31, 2012, 03:24:23 AM »
Maybe waiting 3 months to get a character contributes to the low percentage of active newborns.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: July 31, 2012, 03:27:50 AM »
Maybe waiting 3 months to get a character contributes to the low percentage of active newborns.

Probably. I'm losing my interest already just because you have to wait so long.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: July 31, 2012, 04:03:10 AM »
Meh, I don't think so. I think the issue is with people joining who don't realize its a pure-RP game and get intimidated by that fact. If they were inactive from the start they wouldn't even be born.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: July 31, 2012, 04:08:30 AM »
That's a good point. I wonder how many are looking for a particular race/location, and abandon characters who don't fit the bill.

They need a way to adopt those abandoned kids.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #147: July 31, 2012, 04:15:03 AM »
Anyone hear an adoption program shortening the queue????

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: July 31, 2012, 04:37:38 AM »
Makes sense to me to take all those abandoned characters and toss them out to the next person in the queue. Maybe just list them on the website on a first-come-first-served basis.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: July 31, 2012, 04:58:52 AM »
Yeah, something like that has been suggested before, I think, when the forums were still... well, real forums that had a section for feature requests. I can't remember if that suggestion was approved or not, though.

Giving the whole account away to someone who wants to play is often a problem, too, especially when only one character on the account is unwanted and others aren't, since there is no way to split a single character from an account. And something that could also pose a problem is that when taking over somebody else's account, you'd be able to download the life logs of all deceased characters on that account and some players wouldn't want strangers to read through their characters' lives.

So it would be really great if there was an option to abandon a single character on an account and automatically give it to the next person in the queue if it's still a baby. And for an adult no longer wanted character maybe an option to just send it over to the account of a person of your choice (since it's mostly not a very good idea to hand older, already established and maybe even powerful characters to a random person... if at all, that would have to be somebody hand-picked by the player. It's quite disturbing if a character's behavior suddenly changes drastically, so the new player of an adult character would need some kind of introduction from the old player, too. Since all of that is quite complicated, players often prefer to just let older characters die instead of handing them to another player.)

Oh, and it seems one of the babies isn't inactive after all. :) The player sent an OOC message that they do intend to play the character, just had some technical problems before that prevented them from writing.