Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 204538 times)

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #195: August 06, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »
Racist attitudes toward sex? In a game where repeated incestuous mating to propagate the species is not only commonplace, it's the accepted routine, normal practice? Pfft...

Well one race on that specific continent, the Dark Elves, I pushed culturally towards hating and loathing any other race.

Because the other races do not get buried in the holy city when they die, I taught them that all monsters in the world are the souls of those who were not 'Returned'(buried in the holy city).

I believe I had two of my sons murder some gargoyle wanderer and someone else. It was pretty awesome. I don't know if there are any purebreed dark elves left though, I know that one of them had a lot of children with a dwarf. That caused a lot of infighting.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: August 06, 2012, 01:35:15 PM »
Meh, if you're going to play the game, why not go for the whole experience? For me, my first character will go the whole nine yards. Maybe after that, if I'm still interested, we'll see what happens. (Not that that character would still be available, I'm just sayin'...)

In other words, Indirik doesn't want to miss out on the awesome newborn baby RP opportunities ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: August 06, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »
So far the reading of this topic have been interesting (including the "gogo gaga" baby roleplay) keep it up guys.

peace!

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #198: August 06, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »
We're getting ready for lady.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: August 08, 2012, 05:59:44 AM »
Well, incest means the characters like characters who look similar them, doesn't it? ;)

Just out of curiosity, was the gender, the race or the age (or the missing surprise of which race one would get born to) the reason that nobody was interested in playing the 34-year-old Stoneshaper male?

I believe people want to have their own characters. I would personally love to play the Stoneshaper, but in my own account. For some reason that seems important, but maybe I'm thinking way too much in a Battlemaster mindset... Perhaps I'll take it, after all.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: August 08, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
Actually, it's possible to merge accounts so that you could integrate the characters from another account into your own. There are some bugs that can happen with that merging, like the one that my account has that I can't send myself any e-mail logs for any of my characters any longer, but not all merged accounts are bugged. You just have to be especially unlucky like me to get a bugged one. ;)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: August 08, 2012, 11:18:50 AM »
Hmpf... queue is moving backwards. Yesterday I was 4 in order today I'm 51...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: August 08, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
That doesnt sound right?
I know it can have few here and there, but almost 50 steps back doesnt sound right... especially cause i'm around 44 now, i should have fell far away.
~Violence is always an option!~

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: August 08, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »
It was a typo. I meant to write that I was 48 yesterday.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: August 08, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »
Aah, those few steps mean just that someone who had not logged in for a week(?) logged in and got back his spot on queue.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #205: August 08, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
I signed up a few days ago to have a look. I was put into position 165 in the queue. Today I'm at 147.

I'm sorry, but the game designer fails at basic customer retention - you can only make your fans wait if they already are your fans. You can not make new players wait.

At this rate, by the time I can join the game, I won't care anymore.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: August 08, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »
I signed up a few days ago to have a look. I was put into position 165 in the queue. Today I'm at 147.

I'm sorry, but the game designer fails at basic customer retention - you can only make your fans wait if they already are your fans. You can not make new players wait.

At this rate, by the time I can join the game, I won't care anymore.

I've been watching this game for years. Every time I sign up to play I run into the same problem, by time the queue ticks down I'm busy doing other things again. No matter how good the game is it can't "grab" me if I never actually get to play it.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: August 08, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »
Well, i would have given up long time ago normally, but this "collective waiting" makes it easier... and that Cantr :)

Atleast finnish language people are pretty much stone age people :D I'm having good time with those few other finns there(just got my bone knife made and started to do boomerang), made one char to english zone and these guys are far more advanced and organized and far more people. I dont know how i have missed this kind of games so far?!?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: August 08, 2012, 12:58:56 PM »
Well, i would have given up long time ago normally, but this "collective waiting" makes it easier... and that Cantr :)

Atleast finnish language people are pretty much stone age people :D I'm having good time with those few other finns there(just got my bone knife made and started to do boomerang), made one char to english zone and these guys are far more advanced and organized and far more people. I dont know how i have missed this kind of games so far?!?

They often don't show up on google unless you know the name of the game :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: August 08, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »
Yeah, but still... I have been on multiplayer "browsergames" since ~1998. But somehow these more serious rpg games have been hidden from me :) So i have been playing pretty much strategy games.