Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 207173 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #210: August 08, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
Yeah, but still... I have been on multiplayer "browsergames" since ~1998. But somehow these more serious rpg games have been hidden from me :) So i have been playing pretty much strategy games.

Neither Cantr or FTO showed up on any of the browser game review sites I regularly check. Both did come up on a german browser game top list (germans make some of the best browser games and alot of the best ones haven't been translated to english) , but neither appeared on any of the more popular lists. Originally I came across FTO via people playing this game http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: August 08, 2012, 03:34:48 PM »
In 8 days, I've moved from 66 to 62. I move almost as many slots backward as forward.

It's been three weeks since I signed up. And at the rate things are going now, it will be another 10-12 weeks before I get to start. If it weren't for the fact that the community here makes waiting entertaining, I would have forgotten all about this game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: August 08, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
I know from my time with Cantr that they have a separate staff department for advertisement, but maybe that department is understaffed if none of you have ever seen the game listed anywhere.

And FTO... well, maybe the game creator didn't bother to list the game anywhere, I don't know.

The time that it takes until an account in the queue gets marked as inactive is definitely 7 days, since I have found this in the game's "Help" section:

The birth queue works to the advantage of players who sign into the game frequently. Each time a player logs-in, a 7 day timer will be set for his account that marks his position as "active". In the "active" state, he will appear in the queue and be born like normal. If the player does not log into the game for a duration longer than 7 days, his birth queue position will be set as "passive".

The text is misleading, though, since a player who signs up and then doesn't log in again for like 3 weeks won't really have any kind of disadvantage. They will keep moving through the queue like everyone else, just "invisible". They just won't be born until they log in again, but they can move all the way through the whole queue while being "passive".

I've been wondering if it might be a good idea to simply put some accounts into the queue and not log into them again to have them go passive, leave them there for about 2 months so that they will have moved up the queue to position 0 and then give them to new people wanting to play to spare them the wait.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:17:11 AM by Andira »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: August 09, 2012, 03:41:44 AM »
I know from my time with Cantr that they have a separate staff department for advertisement, but maybe that department is understaffed if none of you have ever seen the game listed anywhere.

And FTO... well, maybe the game creator didn't bother to list the game anywhere, I don't know.

The time that it takes until an account in the queue gets marked as inactive is definitely 7 days, since I have found this in the game's "Help" section:

The text is misleading, though, since a player who signs up and then doesn't log in again for like 3 weeks won't really have any kind of disadvantage. They will keep moving through the queue like everyone else, just "invisible". They just won't be born until they log in again, but they can move all the way through the whole queue while being "passive".

I've been wondering if it might be a good idea to simply put some accounts into the queue and not log into them again to have them go passive, leave them there for about 2 months so that they will have moved up the queue to position 0 and then give them to new people wanting to play to spare them the wait.

I just fired up my old account to see where I was in the birth queue. Found out I wasn't in the queue at all, I was last time I logged in, but that was more the 6 months ago.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: August 09, 2012, 04:11:02 AM »
Huh, that is weird. Maybe there's actually a time limit then? Though it still seems weird to me. Did you actually click the button to join the queue when you created that account back then?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: August 09, 2012, 04:25:23 AM »
Huh, that is weird. Maybe there's actually a time limit then? Though it still seems weird to me. Did you actually click the button to join the queue when you created that account back then?

Oh yes, and I logged in every day for about a month hoping to actually get into the game

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: August 09, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »
Actually, it's possible to merge accounts so that you could integrate the characters from another account into your own. There are some bugs that can happen with that merging, like the one that my account has that I can't send myself any e-mail logs for any of my characters any longer, but not all merged accounts are bugged. You just have to be especially unlucky like me to get a bugged one. ;)

Oh, in that case I'm definitely interested if no one else is. But maybe we could use the account for BMers to try the game and see if it's worth the wait. I thought some people would be interested in that, being able to pass forward the account in case of not really enjoying it...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:09:22 AM by JPierreD »
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #217: August 09, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »
I think you need to log in every 7 days to avoid becoming inactive hehe. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: August 09, 2012, 05:44:03 PM »
Only while you're in the queue. Living characters won't ever get deleted for inactivity, no matter how long you're gone. They could starve if nobody feeds them, though.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: August 09, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »
Pregnant Mothers: 4
Your position in the birth queue is: 58

I think Cren is right behind me in the queue. And, wow, does he cry a lot. Maybe he needs a new diaper.

Zakilevo

« Reply #220: August 09, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
Pregnant Mothers: 4
Your position in the birth queue is: 25

Another two weeks to go...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #221: August 09, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
Spot 138 for me. Sorry, this is ridiculous.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: August 09, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
The pace has really slowed down lately, too. It's down to about one spot per day.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: August 09, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »
Again, we're bombing the server of a small-time, tight-knit community long-term serious-RP game.

What did you expect? :-P I'm surprised its even letting anyone else onto the game, heh.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: August 09, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »
Ah Indirik, you have a lot of responsibility on your hands since you are (hopefully) going to be my elder brother (or sister) ;-)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.