Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 206548 times)

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #465: October 21, 2012, 10:13:30 PM »
Ah, so the baked fish thing was when your Talian was younger? Okay, then it's just a coincidence that something similar happened with someone named Feldspar.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466: October 21, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »
Yes, quite a while ago. He's 9 now.

I haven't decided whether I will let him get hopelessly lost and make his parents come find him, or if I will let him find his way home.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #467: October 22, 2012, 04:27:21 AM »
I was told that travelling was not the point of the game.  That travelling is even more boring than staying to play house with your "family".

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #468: October 22, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »
Given that the game is completely freeform, I would claim that the point of the game is whatever you want it to be. Playing house with the same 6 or 8 people all the time would be the apex of boredom for me.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #469: October 24, 2012, 12:57:19 AM »
Now I'm starting to have fun here. The fish people always seem to me as retarded for how they talk and carry on their lives, but I'm enjoying playing the cat. Already had a kid (inactive  :'() and I've written more embarrassing and puke-rainbowish stuff than I ever thought I'd write. It's what you get when you go playing romeo  ;D
D'Espana Family

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #470: October 24, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »
Now I'm starting to have fun here. The fish people always seem to me as retarded for how they talk and carry on their lives, but I'm enjoying playing the cat. Already had a kid (inactive  :'() and I've written more embarrassing and puke-rainbowish stuff than I ever thought I'd write. It's what you get when you go playing romeo  ;D

I agree about their language skills.  The adult conversation remind me of my 2 year old's, it's a bit creepy.  I'm going to start making some weapons and leave them around for the little ones.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471: October 24, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »
Already had a kid (inactive  :'()

Heyyy..Who? O_O aren't you going too fast?

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #472: October 25, 2012, 01:36:27 AM »
I agree about their language skills.  The adult conversation remind me of my 2 year old's, it's a bit creepy.  I'm going to start making some weapons and leave them around for the little ones.

Yay!  8)

Heyyy..Who? O_O aren't you going too fast?

I got one with Zilky. She's called Gail (one of the new newborn girls) but hasn't waked up yet... and hey, it was my mummy who urged me to... errrrr... play doctor's game with my sister  ;D
D'Espana Family

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473: October 25, 2012, 06:06:02 AM »
So... this game is really weird. Or, actually, I guess it's the community that's weird. They say that you can't do something unless you are first shown how to do it. If you try to, say, bake a fish before someone shows you how, you'll get a polite little OOC about it. "You really shouldn't be using the oven until someone shows you how." But they have no problems showing an 18 month old baby how to bake fish. ??? Or handing a 6 year old a longbow to go squirrel hunting, and giving her a hunting knife butcher the damn thing.

Anyway, they took my twin sister off traveling on a hunting trip. They wouldn't let my character go because he "wasn't trained enough". So I stuffed my bag with all the food I could find, grabbed an old stone knife out of a box, and headed off on an adventure all by myself. I wonder how long it will take for them to find me.

Different colonies have different ways of playing. In one of my colonies you'd be killed for baking a fish at young age, while in another you'd be repeatedly asked to do that and other stuff for the community.

Just like in BM different realms have different cultures. Maybe even more.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #474: October 25, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
Different colonies have different ways of playing. In one of my colonies you'd be killed for baking a fish at young age, while in another you'd be repeatedly asked to do that and other stuff for the community.

Just like in BM different realms have different cultures. Maybe even more.

Except in this one they really have no problem murdering your character if they decide you don't fit in.

Hmm, I like that.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #475: October 26, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
Except in this one they really have no problem murdering your character if they decide you don't fit in.

Hmm, I like that.

The fishes? That sucks... Good thing I'm not in there.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476: October 26, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
My kitten died last night. Frozed to death... pretty harsh, luckily i have that Kindred char still alive and kicking.
~Violence is always an option!~

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #477: October 26, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »
My character got killed by its own mother.  No reason.  Word, that community is really weird.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #478: October 26, 2012, 01:45:47 PM »
Did you pick up a knife, or anything that could be used as a weapon? Or any piece of armor? Or perhaps a bag with a lot of food in it? Some of the groups are fanatical about that kind of thing. I've heard several anecdotal stories of griefers and trolls. Add that to permadeath for characters, and you have a very touchy community, with little tolerance for anything that even resembles something that they imagine that a possible troll may think about doing.

(Like, say, you go on IRC and complain about how even though you're 1-yr old character is active, he's being ignored and is about to die of starvation (<24 hours til he's dead, no one feeding him, the community doesn't believe in leaving food laying around because of some troll a million years ago who stole it all), and make some joke about your character is going to end up becoming an anti-social axe murderer due to parental neglect. Then the next day you find out someone has gone on Facebook and slagged you, and then tells you that you're a jerk for for being rude to your character's parents, that your character was never that close to starving (because it didn't happen while his character was there, so you must be lying), and that you're lucky someone didn't see that axe murderer joke and go IG and kill your character because of some OOC joke you told in an IRC channel.  :o )

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #479: October 26, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
It happened just exactly like you mentioned it.  Wow.