Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 204542 times)

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #480: October 26, 2012, 09:12:04 PM »
Indirik, are you the reason why they told me "oh, you're one of those BM people" and banned me from their IRC channel?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481: October 26, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
I haven't been back on their IRC channel since the axe-murderer joke.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #482: October 26, 2012, 09:40:25 PM »
This from the facebook thread where I complain about my character being killed:
You BattleMaster people sure have weird ideas about what roleplaying games should be like. No, not weird. What's the word I'm looking for? Stupid. That's it.
What did the rest of you do, people?

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483: October 26, 2012, 09:47:38 PM »
Indirik, are you the reason why they told me "oh, you're one of those BM people" and banned me from their IRC channel?

Yes they do have disdain for BM players there.
This from the facebook thread where I complain about my character being killed: What did the rest of you do, people?

Not sure but it seems that couple of us took things and left. Muata even took a girl with him.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #484: October 26, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »
Wait, what? Muata took a girl?

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485: October 26, 2012, 10:22:03 PM »
Wait, what? Muata took a girl?
Yes!
He eloped with another kitty  ;D

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #486: October 26, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
That's the kind of intrigue the game needs. 
You should breed and hopefully I will get born to you.  I'd really like to get born somewhere where there is already a BM player or at least somewhere without people who can't tell BM players and trolls apart

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487: October 26, 2012, 10:40:13 PM »
They despise people that don't follow their narrow definition of how you should act. Someone was complaining on their facebook page once about how someone was trying to challenge the leader of the colony. "You don't *ever* challenge the leader! Never!"
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #488: October 26, 2012, 10:50:08 PM »
Yes!
He eloped with another kitty  ;D

My loner kitty has grown up into a kidnapper... ^_^

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #489: October 26, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
They despise people that don't follow their narrow definition of how you should act. Someone was complaining on their facebook page once about how someone was trying to challenge the leader of the colony. "You don't *ever* challenge the leader! Never!"

So basically, if you try to play your own character instead of doing what the other players want your character to do, you're wrong and they may kill your character.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #490: October 27, 2012, 12:18:39 AM »
I never felt it was that strict. At least not in the kitty village. But then again, I was on IRC constantly so they knew who I was, and why I was doing what.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #491: October 27, 2012, 12:22:24 AM »
I was on IRC, maybe not constantly but often enough... I was on FB too, and I took care of feeding characters whose players were away. I am not going to say I was best friends with the players in my colony but I thought I had somewhat earned their trust. I also trusted them not to kill my character.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #492: October 27, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »
I'm sorry for how this turned out. I'm not in the colony where you lost your character, so I didn't see what exactly happened, but I really have to say that facebook discussion was rather rude of most of the people who participated in it. Players should be friendlier to each other. Also, I personally see no reason to kill an actively RPing child just for building a "lame" weapon. Okay, it might be something like bad form to go hunting without having been taught to, but I wouldn't kill a child for it. With the guarding system in place, I also disagree that a young child with any kind of bad weapon is actually a threat. Each colony -should- have at least one decently equipped fighter around who guards all the others, so that trolls can't hit that badly. Again, I don't know the details and maybe I'm missing something, but from what I learned from the facebook group and here, it sounds pretty much like an overreaction to me. They even said your RP was good, so... I don't quite get it. Some people are more "sensitive" than others, I guess.

Edit: But I can only repeat what I have already posted in my FAQ and other posts on the first 3 pages of this topic, so that such cases can hopefully be avoided in the future: If you want your character survive, do not, ever, start to construct any kind of weapon as a child without the official permission from the character's parents because a lot of people would kill your char for doing so. I wouldn't if it's an otherwise active and productive RPer, but that's just me. In most colonies, that's just a pretty fast way to get killed.

Oh, and for some cultures, the first weapon and the first hunt might also be very meaningful, so it's best to avoid it completely until your char is several years older than just 5 and gets an adult to agree that it's time for them to hunt.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:48:08 AM by Andira »

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #493: October 27, 2012, 01:35:29 AM »
Ya, this is not a game, it's a cult.

I have 3 kids and from the day their hands could move they pick up anything they could, no matter what it is. 

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #494: October 27, 2012, 02:32:29 AM »
The Sets were teaching their newborns how to hunt for prey.  Granted, they were not my character's parents, but my character did see them hunt for prey.  I gave enough RP clues that my character was interested in hunting for food and worried about there being too many babies and having to feed them all...  But the players of my parents decided to pretend I did not exist and kill me instead because I was a troll.