Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 204573 times)

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #510: November 09, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »
I am currently working on mapping out the continent I am on.

Have you encountered other people yet?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511: November 10, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »
I haven't been that far yet. But I have found signs of habitation. An abandoned mine, and a seemingly occasionally inhabited pair of huts. I did not poke around in them, though. Just borrowed the oven and moved on.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512: November 10, 2012, 05:24:33 PM »
I haven't been that far yet. But I have found signs of habitation. An abandoned mine, and a seemingly occasionally inhabited pair of huts. I did not poke around in them, though. Just borrowed the oven and moved on.

Now that should be an interesting adventure. Don't enter abandoned mines, nasty things lurk there. And move south, looks for warmer climates. You'll might find other peoples. ;)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #513: November 10, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »
http://home.comcast.net/~vaylon/fto.html

Interesting web site. Has some information on skill levels, time scales, hunger levels, etc.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #514: November 10, 2012, 05:36:31 PM »
Oh, and I found a "Temple of the Beasts" someone built. A shoddy underground dirt home. I didn't stick around.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #515: November 11, 2012, 12:16:22 AM »
Oh, and I found a "Temple of the Beasts" someone built. A shoddy underground dirt home. I didn't stick around.

Probably the smart thing to do. No other peeps yet? What are you, an Ice Elf? Why did you ran away from home?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #516: November 11, 2012, 01:56:04 AM »
Yes, my character is a Talian, an ice elf. He ran away from home because mom said he couldn't go on a hunting trip with his twin sister. So he decided to go on an adventure all by himself.

But really, the Talian village is ridiculously boring. The players have this potentially amazing game system, and they just use it to play house.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #517: November 11, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
There should be Folke (fairies) aplenty to the south. Also a few Delvers (dwarves) and maybe a lost Newt or two in the mainland.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518: November 12, 2012, 03:48:23 PM »
Also Kindred(humans) are relatively close, i'm part Talian by my self. There was expedition from north to "our" place and some mixed relations were born. Eventually Talians left and some stayed here. I guess no pure Talians here anymore... I would cheer up greatly to meet you :)

We have some internal strifes... part of us, wish to move and abandon old city, since it is at bad shape and surrounded by graves... kind of fresh start. And some of us would rather try to fix this place... looks like we will be moving.
~Violence is always an option!~

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #519: November 12, 2012, 06:45:28 PM »
I have heard several of the Talians mention the Kindred.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #520: November 12, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »
Hmm, I've forgotten to log on few a couple weeks, probably dead now.

I do agree that it is a fantastic system and people just want to play house and baby talk to each other.  Of course, my statement is ignorant as I only played for about a month, and only one character.  The highlight was JPierreD (I think it was him) getting scolded for fishy cannibalism.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #521: November 13, 2012, 12:35:22 AM »
Hmm, I've forgotten to log on few a couple weeks, probably dead now.

I do agree that it is a fantastic system and people just want to play house and baby talk to each other.  Of course, my statement is ignorant as I only played for about a month, and only one character.  The highlight was JPierreD (I think it was him) getting scolded for fishy cannibalism.

No, you're not. You possibly had some food stored and the auto-eat option enabled, so you have survived to this point. Very quiet, but alive you are.

And the canibal fish was me  ;D I still remember them like eeeeeeeerm, WTF you doin'? We don't eat each other, you little grasshopper! (though 20 times more retardly sounding because of the dumb speaking manners of the tritons. Sigh)
D'Espana Family

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #522: November 13, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
No, you're not. You possibly had some food stored and the auto-eat option enabled, so you have survived to this point. Very quiet, but alive you are.

Sometimes people will charitably feed you too.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #523: November 14, 2012, 12:57:11 AM »
Sometimes people will charitably feed you too.

Yep, that's also possible. But I was here to say that luck is funny. Second time making babies and *poof*, suddenly I've got six of them. The first time I only got one, and was an inactive, but this time there are four who have awaken so far, and one of them is quite active and posts a lot. I wonder if it's because the first time I mated with my sister (throw here the "WTF, INCEST" comments) or if it's just plain luck? Anyways, my character's genes rocks 8)
D'Espana Family

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #524: November 14, 2012, 04:33:45 AM »
http://home.comcast.net/~vaylon/fto.html

Interesting web site. Has some information on skill levels, time scales, hunger levels, etc.

Wow.  That Vaylon person really sounds awful. 

Lumin's guidelines make a lot of sense to me.  They're pretty similar to Tom's guidelines for BM, in that it is his game and we're just guests at his table (except Tom has been a lot more involved in the BM community).