Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 204562 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #540: November 15, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »
holy crap i'm still alive.  I've aged 4 years.. I guess it paid off to fill my inventory full of food

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541: November 15, 2012, 10:22:37 PM »
wow, nice map. Did your one character visit all the islands? Did you build a boat to reach them?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #542: November 15, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »
wow, nice map. Did your one character visit all the islands? Did you build a boat to reach them?

No, boats aren't in the game as far as I know. My character was part of the frog-people race and could swim in water. I'm not sure what the numbers represent, though I do remember the far western island was inhabited and had a mine, it was called Farcliffs.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #543: November 16, 2012, 03:35:50 AM »
No, boats aren't in the game as far as I know. My character was part of the frog-people race and could swim in water. I'm not sure what the numbers represent, though I do remember the far western island was inhabited and had a mine, it was called Farcliffs.

I think there are. At least it seems we have some in the kitten's village, and an expedition is being prepared out of the island. Don't know if it's only RP, though.
D'Espana Family

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544: November 16, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »
I don't think you technically have to be that old before you can do most things. 6, I think.

The only things you cannot do at 3 is mate and attack. Besides that you are completely independent, mechanics-wise.

I think there are. At least it seems we have some in the kitten's village, and an expedition is being prepared out of the island. Don't know if it's only RP, though.

Boats were very recently introduced into the game. It looks like Lumin is working back into the game.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #545: November 17, 2012, 06:04:38 AM »
i'm already positioning my character for something better than being a god damn hippie

i just need to find like minded people and we can run away and have our own colony where we fight and do cool things instead of playing house

anyone near nolja?

after looking at the fb group i've realized i'm basically in the epicentre of the core fto players... i'm scared, but i've blended in so far so hopefully i'll run away when i'm 17 or something and meet up with bm-ers
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:09:38 AM by BarticaBoat »

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #546: November 17, 2012, 11:32:51 AM »
I hope to give it another try by joining a group of BM-ers instead, but I don't have the time to play for a while, so maybe later.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #547: November 17, 2012, 01:55:09 PM »
Queue up now. It will be "later" before you make it to the top!

(All joking aside, put yourself in the queue and let it sit. When you come back, activate and you'll be at the front of the line.)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #548: November 17, 2012, 01:59:48 PM »
Yup, just done that, now just not log in and I can get in whenever I want :)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #549: November 17, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »
i'm already positioning my character for something better than being a god damn hippie

i just need to find like minded people and we can run away and have our own colony where we fight and do cool things instead of playing house

anyone near nolja?

after looking at the fb group i've realized i'm basically in the epicentre of the core fto players... i'm scared, but i've blended in so far so hopefully i'll run away when i'm 17 or something and meet up with bm-ers

What do you call "fight and do cool" things? Remember that fight in here equals permadeath, unless it's RPed-only. And how hard it is to make a character and have him grow to a decent age.

There is no need to "run away", you could RP your character as dreaming of adventures and very curious of what the horizon holds. When you turn 20 you are an adult by any race's standards, so in theory nobody would really have anything to say regarding that.

Just be a good boy, grow up and do whatever you want when you get old enough. And please, don't be an ass to other players. Just like in RL... :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #550: November 18, 2012, 04:33:10 AM »
Just be a good boy, grow up and do whatever you want when you get old enough. And please, don't be an ass to other players. Just like in RL... :P

That'd be much easier if people there didn't treat you as if you had to know everything about the past history of the colony/race since its very same origins, and act totally according to the standard. Man, look at the human race! Do you really think everyone's equal?

I personally can't complain, as in both characters I made things that were not totally OK with the customs out of IGNORANCE, because I'm just a noob there. I was scolded both times, one OOC and one IC. I'm fine with that, seriously. But to kill/marginalize someone because of that... well, that really sticks in my craw.
D'Espana Family

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #551: November 18, 2012, 05:45:45 AM »
That'd be much easier if people there didn't treat you as if you had to know everything about the past history of the colony/race since its very same origins, and act totally according to the standard. Man, look at the human race! Do you really think everyone's equal?

I personally can't complain, as in both characters I made things that were not totally OK with the customs out of IGNORANCE, because I'm just a noob there. I was scolded both times, one OOC and one IC. I'm fine with that, seriously. But to kill/marginalize someone because of that... well, that really sticks in my craw.

Not saying the community is acting as well as it could. But I am saying that we should try to do it, regardless.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #552: November 18, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
I found the best community to be that of the kitties, they at least didn't kill you immediately, instead giving a warning and also help to those who ask.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #553: November 19, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »
Not saying the community is acting as well as it could. But I am saying that we should try to do it, regardless.
I found the best community to be that of the kitties, they at least didn't kill you immediately, instead giving a warning and also help to those who ask.

I have to agree with both statements.
D'Espana Family

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #554: November 19, 2012, 03:49:28 AM »
The Talian community isn't bad. They are not overtly hostile. Just boring.