Author Topic: End of the Invasion  (Read 32251 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: End of the Invasion
« Reply #105: August 03, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »
...Fronen fails again.

To be fair, the Duke of Wudenkin autopaused about 3 days ago, so clearly he's been letting things go, but still. That hurts.

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: August 17, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
To be fair I lost internet for two weeks and had pretty much no way to get on, holding that against me just isn't right. I had no warning, just internet was off one morning. I did everything I could to keep logging in and keeping the city up till my phone went off and my character Squall was removed as Duke (not paused). I logged in half a day late and lost my position, nothing more.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: August 17, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
Auto-abdicated then. I think that takes at least a week of inactivity, so there was definitely a good long while where you weren't holding court or doing anything to stave off the revolt. I don't think it's unfair to suggest that this played a role in why we lost the place.

I don't blame you or anything, it's not personal. Sorry you've lost your character's city, but that's life in Battlemaster. Squall hasn't been a very active character for a while, so he doesn't have much political support to fall back on in a situation like this. There was a referendum to vote on the next Governor; you announced you were running, but attracted no support. Maremma has been a very active and visible character for a while now, so I'm sure that's why he was elected.

I hope you are able to solve your internet troubles and return to being an active force in Fronen.

ShadySoulja

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: August 17, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
I am sure it played a major role in the revolt, I have no doubt on that.

As for my activity, it was back to full so I would be looking for all my Soulja characters to be incredibly active every turn, and I will be starting up my OI newspaper again for the EC wiki news page.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: August 17, 2012, 07:05:24 PM »
Now he comes asking Riombara if he can be duke. There is much hilarity surrounding those requests.  :D
Ardet nec consumitur.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: September 26, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
Sorry for the necromancy - but I think this fits here:
Today, when returning from the battle in Ippetimbal, High Constable Sassan of Riombara did present the final tally of the fifth invasion for Riombara, inscribed on the battle standard that did accompany him into most of these battles. I love being able to have my char be melodramatic, let alone display intense pride. I am sure noone noticed yet  ;)
-------------

Now for the fifth invasion.

With the very last daimon force vanquished I intend to bring the battlestandard of the fifth invasion to Grehk, there to store it so that coming generations may learn of our feats. On that standard I had every major battle we fought during the invasion inscribed - and one daimon tooth from every commander we slew is fixed to its shaft. I think that anyone, throughout the whole history of this continent would be hard pressed to present anything able to rival what we all have accomplished here - and what is thus shown on that standard:

We have fought 33 main battles against the daimons. Ten of those were fought jointly with allies, 23 we fought alone. Twenty-three battles. That is more than any other realm on Beluaterra can claim.

During these battles we did destroy 18 daimon hosts - again, 8 hosts were killed jointly with allies, 10 hosts were destroyed by Riombara alone.

But most importantly, we did kill five daimon commanders - all in battles fought between the daimons and us.

These dry numbers tell one tale: Riombara was the most determined, deadly foe the daimons had to face. It did not matter whether it looked like we would all be ground into dust and forgotten - we fought. This is - and will continue to be - our source of pride: we did not waver, we did not enter into any deals, we did not even discuss any (OOC: this conveniently glosses over the fact that Hvrek DID try to enter into deals - but at least Riombara can claim that once we knew about it we went to kill him. So that claim is - if admittedly a tall one - mostly true) - we did confront the beasts with steel alone.

Through darkness - to light. Here we stand today - and we live, while the daimons are gone. Thus, warriors, let us enjoy this coming sunrise - as with all the others that we may now be granted.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: September 26, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
Very nice. :)

Makes me wish I kept count of the battles we fought in Thalmarkin but oh well, for two invasions in a row I couldn't think of any realm I'd rather have been in than Riombara and Thalmarkin to fight them damn abominations. Stubborn resistance ftw! :)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: September 27, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »
now can someone please start testing these scrolls?!
Or have you already but just don't want to share it with us? grrr....  >:(
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: September 28, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »
Lorgan:
You can go through the timeline of the fifth invasion. All battles should be recorded there, with the possible exception of 1-2 Thalmarkin fought in...but I am pretty sure than stinkyoldmen and me got near all battles recorded.

Have fun - and, c'mon, get bragging. Nothing more perfect than getting all high and snobby due to ones perceived accomplishments. Would hate to have Sassan being the only one riding that high horse.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #114: September 28, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »
What we still don't have and I think should be added to the wiki while memory is still fresh is a narrative of the whole thing. For someone not involved, the 5th invasion wiki page is inconclusive.

Zakilevo

« Reply #115: September 28, 2012, 07:12:34 PM »
What we still don't have and I think should be added to the wiki while memory is still fresh is a narrative of the whole thing. For someone not involved, the 5th invasion wiki page is inconclusive.

I think someone needs to read everything and do it. Everyone has memories of whichever part they were located.