Author Topic: End of the Invasion  (Read 32248 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: End of the Invasion
« Reply #30: July 20, 2012, 12:23:18 AM »
I think it is intended. Tepmona who produces a large part of Melheds food was barely selfsufficient when shadowed. It produced gold as normal, but you couldn't hold court so it was hard to maintain the place...

Yeah, that's because of low production.

These gold and food values have actually changed on the region details page which would make them permanent.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 20, 2012, 07:50:34 AM »
very odd, those numbers do not change because of production (i assume you are talking about the region details page)

even stranger... the numbers only changed in the last few days.... the last time i looked at Rueffilo (which was like 2  days ago), the numbers were higher than that of Avengmil... not now... what has changed?

Rueffilo has been unblighted since we whacked a few daimons commanders. it's still under netherworld control... is that why?

Rueffilo was 900? (since avengmil is 800), now 100.
i think food hasn't really changed.. much
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:07:31 AM by fodder »
firefox

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 20, 2012, 07:57:47 AM »
Looks like all the regions the Netherworld holds got their gold reduced. Eykfar is 10% of what it was before. It was 600 something a few days ago, I remember posting about it on the forum. Now its 60.

Reeds: 160 gold
Zuhle: 27 gold
Eg Tutnu: 28 gold

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 20, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »
Uh...lets hope this is a bug - or preparation to change the netherworld regions to rogue regions. If the freed regions are reduced in gold by 80-90% then freeing them was rather pointless (from a heartless noble 'peasants are my cattle' point of view).

Sassan will consider these reports as coming from incompetent ex-netherworld obeying scribes trying to hide the fact that they are heavily embezzling taxes now that their masters are looking less than all-powerfull.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #34: July 20, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
It's probably a bug. The values have not been intentionally changed.

This is one of the things that will have to wait until I am back next week.

Almost all in-game events have now been posted. I'll do the rest and then leave you to... celebrate the ashes of your world or something. :-)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #35: July 20, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
Spoilers below - go in-game first and read the roleplay events posted there.

This is the end of the 5th Invasion.

Here is what the in-game mechanics should be post-invasion. Anything that is different from what I post below is a bug and will be fixed after I return. Also, if one of the great people who made the Dwilight map by copy & paste wants to make the new coastline, that would be great. I have an image file without the quickly-drawn in coast it uses right now that I can send you.

All lands that were covered in Blight have sunken into the ocean, taking everything and everyone with them. They will never be recovered, they have actually been deleted from the database.
Where you see faint cities in the ocean on the map that is what you actually see from the coast there - these cities seem to have been left behind, they are well under the ocean surface, too deep for divers in the time period BM is set in, but when the water is clear you can barely make them out.
Regions covered by dark clouds are back to normal. They seem to have left no permanent effect.
Some regions that used to be inland or at a river are now on the coast. For simplicity, their economy has not been changed, so you won't find "fishing" listed for any of them. That's because we are working on another, final and much better economy re-balance.
The lake at the south islands, between Enweilios and Rines is now part of the ocean.
The remaining Daimon troops have been left behind. They are now stranded on your world with no leadership. They will survive as long as they can feed on human flesh, which they will do - so: good hunting.

You may have to force-reload some pages (especially maps) to see the changes, due to your browser caching the old image files.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 20, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »
I havent read your post yet, except for the first red thingy, and well... Fingolfin in Thalmarkin has not received any event-RP yet. According to Iscee Plaraveen's report IG it seems like OG received it though.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: July 20, 2012, 11:37:50 AM »
Aww no Nuzanki ;_;
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 20, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
Thank you, Tom, for the awesome Invasion. It was great fun and I, and I'm sure many others, have really enjoyed it! Thanks for all the hard work and time you put in it :)

So it seems we have one back Southern Funnel towards the Northern Lands. This could be interesting.

I send the RP from the Southern Portal Guardian to the Rulers so I'm assuming everyone will receive it soon.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: July 20, 2012, 12:20:45 PM »
aww... would have been interesting if southern portal got himself killed... he was wounded!

---
eh.. have you dropped the stones yet? wouldn't it be interesting if someone opens one up now...?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:33:58 PM by fodder »
firefox

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: July 20, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »
Thanks from me as well - the fifth invasion ranks as one of the best experiences of a many-year-long BM experience. Note that I had many of the most enjoyable gaming-moments due to BM...and that BM is the one game that has drawn me back again and again, far more than any comercial title.

So for this invasion, for this game, for your time, for your awesome commitment - my heartfelt thanks!

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 20, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
It's probably a bug. The values have not been intentionally changed.

This is one of the things that will have to wait until I am back next week.

That's good to know. Enjoy the weekend.

Also, posted a reminder on the bugtracker ;)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 20, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
I havent read your post yet, except for the first red thingy, and well... Fingolfin in Thalmarkin has not received any event-RP yet. According to Iscee Plaraveen's report IG it seems like OG received it though.

They were posted near where the portal daimons where. I'll have Ivagil send you a copy.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: July 20, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »
Riombara looks ridiculous(ly awesome). Good luck to Enweil in the inevitable future war.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 20, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
They were posted near where the portal daimons where. I'll have Ivagil send you a copy.

I copied the realm.  :)