Author Topic: REJECTED: Peer Messaging: Dukes  (Read 2199 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
REJECTED: Peer Messaging: Dukes
« Topic Start: July 19, 2012, 05:24:58 AM »
Summary: Currently all council members are able to contact their "peers." These consist of the respective council members for that same position from every other realm on the continent. My proposal is that this is expanded to allow Dukes to contact all of their peers on the continent.

Details: Add a new peers messaging group for Dukes only. (Note: Not Margraves, but only Dukes)

Benefits: Opens up many new avenues for communication and interaction between leading members of realms. Could lead to increased intrigue and cooperation and allows those outside of the realm council to better influence events. Will likely help counter stagnation as Dukes would no longer be dependent upon the realm council for communications with foreign realms. Would lead to more active and engaged Dukes and allows for both internal and external power struggles.

Possible Exploits: The only exploit is now being able to talk with those unable to before, and having an easy access to it. However, I can't think of any uses for this that are bad for the game.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:00:52 AM by egamma »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Peer Messaging: Dukes
« Reply #1: July 19, 2012, 05:55:24 AM »
So you wish to make the "sweet spot" even sweeter? If matters were to be such as you propose, I can imagine it would be a rare ruler indeed who would not make himself a duke as well.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 19, 2012, 06:04:13 AM »
So you wish to make the "sweet spot" even sweeter? If matters were to be such as you propose, I can imagine it would be a rare ruler indeed who would not make himself a duke as well.

More often than not, Dukes seem to bring more change and fun to the game than Rulers do at times. Further communication can only benefit that.

There are IC consequences to any action like that by a ruler, but even that will bring more intrigue and action.

I don't see how a change improving communication avenues will be bad though, even if it is for those in the so called "sweet spot" of dukeship.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 19, 2012, 08:13:07 AM »
i would say some/all the other dukes in your realm..

and some/all neighbouring dukes... rather than all the dukes in the world.
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: July 19, 2012, 09:55:08 AM »
rejected.

It is fully intentional that only government members have easy messaging options beyond their own realm.