Author Topic: Lukon is too big....  (Read 12980 times)

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
Lukon is too big....
« Topic Start: March 26, 2011, 02:06:30 PM »
Some Duke needs to secede ;) or better yet, swear allegiance to someone else.

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Lukon is too big....
« Reply #1: March 26, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
At least one Beamer wants Leia to open a portal in Portion or something. I doubt it would do anything though.

egamma

« Reply #2: March 26, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
The problem with Lukon is that it has a whole lot of 2 character families, making army movements extremely effective. I'd be willing to enforce a one-character per family rule in Giblot if the other realms would do the same.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 30, 2011, 07:46:55 PM »
I agree... sort of

The balance of the Colonies was fine as long as no one showed much success.  Lukon was able to capitalize on  mistakes by its enemies over the years and here we are.

In Lukons defense...everything has always been on the up and up.  We offered outs to realms instead of taking them out, but it seems a common trend that people prefer to fight to the last instead.  In Alebads case Lukon made repeated deals with them, each one broken by Alebad.

You are right that there are a number of families with two nobles in the realm.  I am not sure why that is except that with the reduced number of players in the game recently, Lukons number have really declined.  Down from about 50.  I guess those players who felt most at home in Lukon have stayed.

I am very proud of Lukon as a realm.  Oh I have been bashed by this person or that... called many many...many names OOC over the years but I can honestly say that Valast has remained the character I designed him to be.  I have not let him capitalize on situations that would be OOC for him even tho it could have aided the realm strategically.  At the same time I have not passed up situations that fit just to preserve game balance.  To do that would be in my view just as bad as being a completely strategic player.

Lukon is big.  Her people are loyal. but that does not mean she is TOO powerful or TOO big.  Lukon will fall one day not too far off I think.  But we cant just let it happen.  It has to happen in its own time.

One problem is that even if Lukon were to crumble into three realms today, one realm will end up stronger then another and we will be in the same situation in a few months or years.

Another is that the story line must not be broken for the sake of game balance or strategy play.

A third is that Oritolon is strong also, so does every realm need to be limited to one city for ever?  Makes it a bit boring IMO and we have enough problems attracting players to the Colonies.
--

Perhaps we should be talking about visible weaknesses in Lukon to provide ideas?

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 31, 2011, 03:51:28 AM »
IC I would propose a coalition to stand against Lukon's tendency to butt in on other people's wars. But being in Giblot, such an idea is not my char's highest priority to pursue...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 31, 2011, 04:37:16 AM »
Your highest priority being 'how the hell do I get outta here?'

egamma

« Reply #6: March 31, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »

No, Jeckyl's having fun in Giblot, I think--army marshal.

---
@Valast: The rest of the Colonies are scared to war, fearful that Lukon will take sides against them. That means that Lukon basically takes on the role of aggressor, and of course, picks a realm that they can defeat.

Meanwhile, I'm reviving the Via of Filoulus, perhaps we'll have a religious army that will go and forcefully convert people. It'll take quite a while to get our own peasants converted. The hard part is separating that kind of war from the realm.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 01, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »
I saw this and riled up a bit in the Assassins by looting Wetham  :P ::) Isaiah is going to a very fun character to play! He is like an outlaw working against my family and has pretty much no morals. Gonna turn into some great roleplays.. I was going to do so with those in the Assassins but this happened:

Exiled from realm!   (just in)
Aramon Abjur, Shadow Tyrant of Assassins has exiled you from the realm, declaring you a personal enemy.You retain all your titles and are still a member of the realm. However, most of the infrastructure, especially recruitment in the capital and banking, are no longer available to you. This is a contest of wills - the longer you stay in the realm despite these hindrances, the more honour and prestige Aramon will lose. However, you can also end this, not only by leaving the realm but also by working on getting the ruler replaced - if there is a change in rulership, your exile will automatically end.
In case you care, the reason he gave for his action was:
A coward, blasphemer traitor, and rebel whose actions were aimed at causing a war between our realm and another kingdom. Any realm that would take a "noble" such as him into their ranks invites their doom to walk among them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:27:34 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 01, 2011, 11:34:51 PM »
yaaaah.... never a good idea to back talk a ruler when your 9 days in a realm

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 01, 2011, 11:46:13 PM »
Maybe I should stay around and plot their downfall? Assassins should never be allowed their own home. They should be controlled! By smarter people like me and you!  8) :-X
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 02, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
 :o right on!  beg for forgiveness plot revenge and join Lukon to gain rank and power as one of the few young nobles!  Briliant.

*disclaimer* the word briliant is miss spelled on pourpoese

*second disclaimer* the word pourpoese is a typo

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 02, 2011, 02:45:50 AM »
Sounds good! *whispers things in his ear*

egamma

« Reply #12: April 03, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
Or come join Giblot! We have exiles from Alowca, Wetham, Lukon, Alebad I think, and I think even Portion--although I think that one may be paused. A half-decade of experience of warfare against Lukon, all gathered in one realm.

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 05, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »

I chose Giblot, actually. It suited my character. And besides, ooc rumour told me my family was ban on sight in every other realm on the Colonies. I was Banker for a short time also.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 07, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
whaaat?

No one is ban on sight in Lukon.  Thats something I have made sure of.  Heck we have even offered Innocent a place to come aboard.  Of course staying very long depends on actions...but...