Author Topic: Countdown to Doom  (Read 12842 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to Doom
« Reply #30: July 22, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
No, what's silly is the whole Victim and Aggressor parts.

It's pretty clear to me that Kindara is the aggressor.

What I don't understand is why that's a bad thing. Aggressors make the game fun and just cause for war exists, both IRL and especially within a goddamn video game. So why do people just harp on aggressors as if that's the default choice? The victims are the weak cowards who are begging for support and mercy, it's the aggressors who are the manly men who should be respected and feared.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 24, 2012, 08:10:47 AM »
The players who risk their characters assets, reputation and influence in order to stir conflict are doing us all a service. To volunteer as the bad guy is a gift that the player gives to his fellow players, as he enables them to be the "good guys" in the conflict and pat each other on the back, which generally feels nicer. So, thank you to all of you who have been working towards escalating the conflict in FE.

The game is most enjoyable when you can have friendly relations with the player who is the mortal enemy of your character. You can then build the story together and enjoy its nuances, have a laugh together and make a positive difference to the atmosphere of the game.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 24, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »
I dont think being the aggressor is bad, I just think we both did a pretty good job of being aggressive to lead into this. By the time Kindara declared war, I find it hard to believe anyone thought Cathay was just playing nice. If anyone says otherwise, it just starts to sound like character opinion bleeding over into the forums.

The Far East has been hopping since this happened too, it's been a while since I could log in and see 20 or 30+ new messages each time I click to play. It's exciting!

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 24, 2012, 03:36:27 PM »
Told you war's the only thing that gets Kindara going. ;)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 06, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »
Ohnar West attempts to join the north, gets cb'ed by Caspius. Good times indeed!
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus