Author Topic: Countdown to Doom  (Read 12857 times)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to Doom
« Reply #15: July 21, 2012, 06:12:36 AM »
Arcaea will probably join the team victim while GA joins the team aggressor. OW might join the team victim.
OW could go either way, really.  Probably more likely to join Kindara/Zonasa, but they might stay out of it.  I don't think it's likely that they'd join Cathay, but stranger things have happened.

Arcaea I assume will eventually join Cathay.

GA might join Kindara/Zonasa, or they might just ignore the whole thing.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 21, 2012, 02:31:08 PM »
I'd be surprised if OW declared for anyone other then the south considering how poorly the Northern realm's treat them. Then again, they are stuck up there so it'd be smart to play neutral for a while.

Team Victim

Team Aggressor

Oh come now. That's just silly.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 21, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
Considering how poorly OW treats the northern realms, we're hoping they declare for the south. Give us a reason to crush them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 21, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
At least it doesnt cut the continent right in half between those obvious blocks of support. I like having them up there to keep things interesting.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 21, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »
I'd be surprised if OW declared for anyone other then the south considering how poorly the Northern realm's treat them. Then again, they are stuck up there so it'd be smart to play neutral for a while.

Believe me, Ohnar gets no more than it deserves. And they'd be fools to declare for the south. They're surrounded by Sorraine and Arcaea, so the only contribution they could make would be to attack our lands directly, and from behind. They...would not survive the attempt.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 21, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »
That is one of the things I don't like about being a priest. You can't join in any of the fun battles. My Dwilight character stepped down from being ruler and became a priest again immediately before the Astrum/Asylon war began. I sent the troops south into Kabrinskia in the action that got Astrum involved, but can't take part in it. :(
Yeah, I'm considering David leaving being a priest, since Church of Echad is all but dead anyways and I haven't had time to revive it.  I can still have fun in the battles as Morgan regardless, though.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 21, 2012, 10:08:14 PM »

I would be pleasantly surprised if they declared for the north, extremely happy if they declared for the south, and weary if they declare neutral. As it were, they declared neutral and I'm now extremely alert as to what their next move will be.

What is Kindara a victim of? Bad negotiations and tough terms? Not to mention the offending party declared war first; it is without a doubt that Cathay earns the victim title.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 21, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »
What is Kindara a victim of? Bad negotiations and tough terms? Not to mention the offending party declared war first; it is without a doubt that Cathay earns the victim title.

Does it really matter? We've got a war now and both sides have a decent casus belli, that's all I really care about.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 21, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
Hmm. Cousin of high-ranking Lord tries to assassinate ruler of rival nation, is caught, and rather than be f*cked like a normal assassin, all sorts of shady business goes down and he ends up getting away with his head firmly attached. Pretty simple who's the aggressor and who's the victim in the situation. If it were me, I'd burn their capitol to the ground, force the assassin to watch as I bleed his family members dry one at a time, rape his wife/daughters, and crucify the entire realm's nobility, and ensure the ruler's head is embalmed and preserved in a highly visible location for all to know why you don't ever raise a dagger to my back. Then again, that's why I was born in the 20th century and not the 10th-14th.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 22, 2012, 12:05:14 AM »
Hmm. Cousin of high-ranking Lord tries to assassinate ruler of rival nation, is caught, and rather than be f*cked like a normal assassin, all sorts of shady business goes down and he ends up getting away with his head firmly attached. Pretty simple who's the aggressor and who's the victim in the situation. If it were me, I'd burn their capitol to the ground, force the assassin to watch as I bleed his family members dry one at a time, rape his wife/daughters, and crucify the entire realm's nobility, and ensure the ruler's head is embalmed and preserved in a highly visible location for all to know why you don't ever raise a dagger to my back. Then again, that's why I was born in the 20th century and not the 10th-14th.

That's more or less what many Cathayans (and by that I mean William) want to do.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 22, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »

No one is a victim in this war.

Quote from: Ehndras
I wouldn't say he's gotten away yet . . . he can run, but he's going to run out of places to hide soon, so unless he manages to get off island, he's a walking dead man.

Not sure exactly what 'shady' business went on, either.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 22, 2012, 12:24:04 AM »
Not sure exactly what 'shady' business went on, either.

I'm pretty sure the whole "not banning him while he's in Cathayan dungeons" counts as shady business, as well as the whole ducal endorsement thing.

Not a big fan of OOC propaganda though so I'll stfu about it from now on

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #27: July 22, 2012, 04:57:49 AM »
So I win and Slapsticks loses, right?  That's all that matters, right? 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 22, 2012, 05:00:50 AM »

No, what's silly is the whole Victim and Aggressor parts. I'm not saying Kindara is a victim of anything and Edmund is pretty tired of people telling him he's tried to claim that. He's just sick of Cathay being a jerk. So its just one side versus the other. No good or bad. No victim versus aggressor.

If it were me, I'd burn their capitol to the ground, force the assassin to watch as I bleed his family members dry one at a time, rape his wife/daughters, and crucify the entire realm's nobility, and ensure the ruler's head is embalmed and preserved in a highly visible location for all to know why you don't ever raise a dagger to my back. Then again, that's why I was born in the 20th century and not the 10th-14th.

Actually I'd say that attitude would better fit an insane medieval ruler! In the 20th century that just comes across as unhinged.   ;)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 22, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »

Welcome to the forums  ::)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell