Author Topic: Do Caravans Have a Use Anymore?  (Read 2153 times)

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
Do Caravans Have a Use Anymore?
« Topic Start: July 21, 2012, 02:09:04 AM »
Quick and to the point:

Since the change in how food is handled on all islands, I've discovered no way to use my caravans anymore.  I'd surely like to be able to place food on them from other lands and bring them to my region, or, load food up into my caravans from my region and bring them to starving regions in the empire.

Do caravans have any use anymore?  Can only traders use them?

Any advice would surely be helpful :)  Thanks in advance.
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Do Caravans Have a Use Anymore?
« Reply #1: July 21, 2012, 02:10:15 AM »
Caravans are now useless.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 21, 2012, 02:15:16 AM »
Quick and to the point will be changed in a later patch,.something that will be changed in a later patch.  Seems odd that you could still buy them and still have buildings produce them.  I guess the only function they serve now is as a place to store food looted from enemy regions but only your men would have access to it.
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 21, 2012, 03:28:05 AM »
I guess the only function they serve now is as a place to store food looted from enemy regions but only your men would have access to it.
IIRC, they don't even do that. On the matter of whether there will be a use for it eventually, probably not but I can't say for sure since I am not a dev.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #4: July 21, 2012, 05:44:01 AM »
If you have a caravan with food in it from before the conversion, it will feed your troops in starving regions.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: July 21, 2012, 08:46:03 AM »
Caravans are useless and ought to be removed. We just haven't done the removal yet.