Author Topic: Largest Temple(s) on EC?  (Read 12645 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Largest Temple(s) on EC?
« Topic Start: July 22, 2012, 08:53:49 AM »
I'm curious, what is/are the largest temple(s) now that the Ibladeshi temples are gone?

I know that the Church of Humanity has two "magnificent temples" (size 6).  Any toppers of that so far?

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Largest Temple(s) on EC?
« Reply #1: July 23, 2012, 01:02:33 AM »
The Grove has a Magnificient temple as well, and a number of Large temples too.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #2: July 23, 2012, 03:13:33 AM »
Chances are, that is the largest size on EC currently then.  I mean, if CoH and HSG have it as the largest size I doubt the other three faiths have been able to actively afford larger.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: July 23, 2012, 03:55:17 AM »
Nope. Doubt it is the largest.

HSG is as good as dead. The elders are just inactive as hell. I want that religion gone. :p

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 23, 2012, 03:59:55 AM »
Perhaps Erik will liven it up :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: July 23, 2012, 04:01:29 AM »
I've done my part. Hopefully he has enough materials to revive it.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #6: July 23, 2012, 04:20:49 AM »
Nope. Doubt it is the largest.

HSG is as good as dead. The elders are just inactive as hell. I want that religion gone. :p

Besides the steadily growing CoH, HSG is the one with the biggest possible membership.  I mean...  Besides those two we have the White Tree (not sure how much Sirion aided them when they were hiding there), the Flow (most of their temples have been burned down), the Triumvirate (the temple in Oligarch was their only one for the longest time and it's only a small), and...  Whatever OI's religion is called.  I doubt they can spare the gold on temples too large.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 23, 2012, 11:15:04 PM »
I have actually felt that that the Grove have lived up a little and that my priest character doesn't walk around in  a vacuum amymore.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: July 23, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »
I have actually felt that that the Grove have lived up a little and that my priest character doesn't walk around in  a vacuum amymore.

Really? Maybe my work paid off? ;) Hopefully Erik can really do something about the church now that he is a priest. Most people in Sirion aren't really interested in becoming priests... so I doubt the church will ever reach anywhere farther than Sirion's borders.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 23, 2012, 11:20:48 PM »
so I doubt the church will ever reach anywhere farther than Sirion's borders.
Very few religions actually spread outside their own borders, and even fewer actually gain much support outside their own realm.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 23, 2012, 11:43:49 PM »
The Grove isn't really that proselytising even though it wouldn't turn anyone away. Amongst other things its adherence to the fact that secular and spiritual matters should be separated could make it fit in just about anywhere where people doesn't want realm policy to be based on religion, even if I doubt it would be the most popular religion anywhere else than in Sirion.

And last thing I heard from Erik the Cleric was that he had signed up for rethorics 101 at the academy in Avamar as noone listened to his preachings. After all the flowery speeches and roleplays he has given us I found that a bit amusing.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 24, 2012, 12:14:46 AM »
The problem with all this "separation of church and state" schtuff is that it makes that religion mostly pointless and unappealing. Your religion serves no purpose other than to occupy a potential power vacuum, and keep other religions from moving in. Which is, IMO, why so many religions on EC have failed so miserably.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: July 24, 2012, 12:36:21 AM »
The problem with all this "separation of church and state" schtuff is that it makes that religion mostly pointless and unappealing. Your religion serves no purpose other than to occupy a potential power vacuum, and keep other religions from moving in. Which is, IMO, why so many religions on EC have failed so miserably.

The problem is no one really wants the church or any other religions to have profound influence on the realm. I think people are just used to the real life situation where countries are usually separate from religions.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #13: July 24, 2012, 01:03:28 AM »
Which, as a roleplayer, is one of the more annoying attitudes I have to deal with.  Corwin is a big one on "keeping religion out of politics".  It just doesn't make sense in a medieval type setting.

Been slowly increasing the influence of the CoH.  We have lords in Westmoor, Perdan, and Eponllyn as well as members in Caligus.  The religious spread is across most of the continent, even areas we have never preached.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 24, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
The Flow has adherents in Sirion, Nivemus, Eponllyn and Caligus. I'd like to see it spread further than that but the limit is as much to do with priest numbers as anything.